OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who’s playing more than one FCS team???

Not sure if any did this year but it’s happened in the past. I mean look at LSU, they played Grambling State early in the season and they just played Georgia State from the sunbelt in November.

That’s weak as hell IMO

Out of curiosity, why doesn’t Bo deserve the heisman and Daniels does?

Ones on a team with a one point loss to an undefeated team. The others on a 3 loss team.

If we are pretending that losses don’t matter then Caleb should be up there too

IMG_3245.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't disagree
I say Penix Jr with Daniels a far Second. I think Heisman winners should be good the whole year on teams that are contenders with good numbers. I know Bo has good numbers but look at his schedule and he is a 30 year old QB that need to get his CDL. lol

For me I just prefer Daniels. His numbers kinda curb stomp Bo and Penix right now when you include rushing and LSU comp has been stronger than Oregon's even with the 3 L's.

I say Penix Jr with Daniels a far Second. I think Heisman winners should be good the whole year on teams that are contenders with good numbers. I know Bo has good numbers but look at his schedule and he is a 30 year old QB that need to get his CDL. lol
Penix will probably get dinged for having some not so flashy stat lines even with them being solid performances

The Heisman is a beauty pageant to an extent

Ones on a team with a one point loss to an undefeated team. The others on a 3 loss team.

IMG_3245.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

Watch the games. Bo’s stats are largely inflated.

Stop with the schedule talk :lol:

It’s still a top 15 schedule per SOS. We aren’t acting like beating powerhouse Mizzou is some big thing are we? :lol:
IMG_3249.jpeg

Meant to bring this up on Saturday, but remember how outraged everyone was about the dirty play on Travis Hunter?

Crickets here huh?

You’re such a hater of our lil 4-7 team that you try to compare this play to a clear dirty hit. The play in this video doesn’t look dirty to me.

Day, as in Ryan Day?
Right.

Like I said - lol, yeah right - but the word is he or his agent supposedly reached out independently.

Probably raise baiting or maybe looking for a soft landing if Michigan tanks his **** again and things get weird up there.

It ain’t happening.

Even with a one-time transfer in the backpocket, recruits won't commit to Colorado because they know Deion will bounce in another year or two. :lol:

That's a big thing, I think. Recruiting is more of a longer-term approach. I don't think Deion gives a rip about it "year o." He's got his son, he's got Travis and they have other nice pieces there already...he's going to grab some dudes from the transfer portal and also focus heavy on the Oline...if he gets a 3-4 win improvement, he may think he's getting offers for another job. If not, he's set a small foundation and can play the game from there. I'm intrigued by all of it.

I still don't know what he does as a HC, but if he gets that Oline, it's at the very least a 2 win improvement in the Pac, let alone a weaker Big XII conference next season...which opens up a whole new gamut of potential recruits...

An Urban Meyer type candidate isn’t the only way they upgrade, though. :lol:

What you couldn’t do was have Jimbo walk into next year, lighter schedule as far as the SEC goes, beat Texas and stumble into a 12-team playoff then you’re stuck.

If they hire someone that can keep talent on the roster and hold the recruiting base together, next year is as easy an introduction year as you’re ever gonna get.

It'll never happen, but he's going to be one of the stupid unrealistic names that gets talked about until the day they announce a coach.

He fits a lot of my general "please just do this" guidelines ...

But I don't trust dudes that win at Oregon. Job's been easy.

He won't even get a phone call, I don't think.

I **** with Elko... But that man's boring as all hell. :lol: :lol:

A&M historically loves "guy's been here before, he gets us" hires.

If you made me bet today, it's him.

I honestly don’t even know other than they’ve just flat out hired bad football coaches over and over again.

They’ve obviously got more money/resources/a bigger brand at their disposal than Ole Miss.

Do they just not care about football?

Hired Dennis Franchone, Mike Sherman, Kevin Sumlin and Jimbo? They've hired bad coaches and only the last 10 or so years have become a fountain of funds flowing at an unlimited rate. This idea that they've always been CFB's biggest spender is complete and utter nonsense.

They've finished in the Top 5 twice in the last 10 years, had a Heisman winner, proven beyond any shadow of a doubt under Jimbo they can acquire talent at the level necessary to compete on the biggest stages.

"They've never won so they can't win and shouldn't expect to" is - flatly - mouth breather level stupid.

He’s the one guy A&M boards seem to be unanimously against.

Bro...who do you want? :lol:

Nothing good enough for a historically middling program?

I was gonna say… all them Deion stans that swarmed the thread in August are uh…. Gone?

Why come?

Deion to TAMU confirmed.

Is Jedd Fisch an LOL hire?

Aggie boards selling themselves on him aggressively and he feels like a massive eye roll to me.

What's wrong with Jedd Fisch? All this fodder from you...dont need an Urban Meyer, Lanning sucks...I like Elko, but too boring...Lane Kiffin? Blah!... :lol:

Jedd did/is doing a great job...extensive NFL experience and probably brings along his QB, which is needed...I keep waiting to hear solutions from you, but it's all "poo-poo to that. " curious to your list. Genuinely.

I swear, this thread does not believe good college HCs exist. Not directed at you ND ..just an aside.

IMG_3245.jpeg

IMG_3246.jpeg
IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

If you fast forward to the 24-minute mark of this video these guys talk about it pretty expensively. Basically Oregon has played two top 50 teams in the nation. Michael Penix has legitimately looked average since the Oregon game. There was literally a game where Washington didn't score an offensive touchdown against a bad team.

- Daniel's currently has the highest quarterback rating in history and has played a significantly more difficult schedule than any of the Pac-12 quarterbacks.

Bro...who do you want? :lol:

Nothing good enough for a historically middling program?
Deion to TAMU confirmed.
What's wrong with Jedd Fisch? All this fodder from you...dont need an Urban Meyer, Lanning sucks...I like Elko, but too boring...Lane Kiffin? Blah!... :lol:

Jedd did/is doing a great job...extensive NFL experience and probably brings along his QB, which is needed...I keep waiting to hear solutions from you, but it's all "poo-poo to that. " curious to your list. Genuinely.

I swear, this thread does not believe good college HCs exist. Not directed at you ND ..just an aside.
I’m looking at those posts you quoted trying to figure out where I said any of what you’re saying. :lol:

I never said Lanning sucks. I’d hire Lanning in a heartbeat, but it just ain’t as much because of what he’s doing at Oregon. Lanning’s not gettable so it doesn’t matter.

I even said in the post you quoted I thought it was going to be Elko. Great football coach, just a boring low-energy dude and very typical A&M hire. It doesn’t sound like he’s even being considered at this point though.

The only two realistic names I’ve said in here I flat out wouldn’t hire are Lane and Traylor. Oh, and Dabo.

On paper, to me, Fisch looks like a guy that’s has 15 jobs in 20 years and never stuck anywhere. Why is that? Now he’s had one good year at Arizona and he’s a no brainer? Maybe I’m missing something which is why I asked the question.

it’s not a short list of dudes I think are instant upgrades over Jimbo.

Back
Top Bottom