OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A&M hasn’t really relied on winning Texas head to heads for awhile now - and even with the advantage disappearing Sark wasn’t whipping a dead man in Jimbo.

And what you’re describing isn’t how this coaching situation really went down at all. :lol:
We can talk about the specifics of how the search happened but the point remains. You’re not getting any of the coaches that would align with people thinking that the A&M job is THAT great. Doesn’t that say something? People are coalescing around Jedd Fisch and a guy who hasn’t done anything but be a position coach?

And I wasn’t just talking about Texas recruiting — just as the sales pitch in general.

Who though?? Like a name
I've said repeatedly from the minute Jimbo was fired I didn't think this needed to be a GO STEAL SOME HUGE NAME situation.

Of course A&M called Dan Campbell. Of course they called Dan Lanning, DeBoer, and probably called Ryan Day. The worst that can happen is they tell you no. Who cares?

My biggest annoyance in this is they - up to this point, at least - let Bjork put themselves in this box that they've gotta hire a guy that's a head coach. For what? Why?

Texas hired Sark. Oklahoma hired Venables. Oregon hired Lanning. Ohio State hired Day. Clemson hired Dabo. Riley wasn't a HC before Oklahoma.

We can talk about the specifics of how the search happened but the point remains. You’re not getting any of the coaches that would align with people thinking that the A&M job is THAT great. Doesn’t that say something? People are coalescing around Jedd Fisch and a guy who hasn’t done anything but be a position coach?
I'll flip this around ...

Who's the guy A&M goes and steals from someone else right now that makes you go "ok yeah, that job is everything they say it is"?

Last edited:
Bomani's just bored and bumping his gums. He don't know **** beyond the normal Texas 8&4 troll.

He does this same thing once a year every year with A&M. Good for him, I guess, cuz he gets a lotta miles out of it.
He’s a UT fan. There’s a reason he speaks about the teams he does and how he does. I don’t think he means it as a troll though. I think he’s just blind to his own bias and often pretends to know what he doesn’t know. He says a lot of dumb and dated **** about CFB (and the NFL also tbh).

Edit

That said, I don’t necessarily disagree that Texas is the 3rd best recruiting state in the SEC.

I'll flip this around ...

Who's the guy A&M goes and steals from someone else right now that makes you go "ok yeah, that's a great job"?
Lanning and DeBoer are the obvious 2 off the top of my head. Young and pretty impressive already.

But if the job was that great wouldn’t there be more interest outside of pipe dreams? You have unlimited resources, 110k man stadium, and Jedd Fisch is a serious option to end up with? Whether it’s the boosters or something else about the school, there’s obviously a disconnect with who you think you are versus who you actually are.

He’s a UT fan. There’s a reason he speaks about the teams he does and how he does. I don’t think he means it as a troll though. I think he’s just blind to his own bias and often pretends to know what he doesn’t know. He says a lot of dumb and dated **** about CFB (and the NFL also tbh).
He’s def trolling A&M fans and they take the bait every time. He doesn’t even root for Texas anymore.

Lane only leaving Ole Miss for Florida if that opens up next year, he believes he can win it all there.

I’m curious who would A&M fans be excited about?
Well ummm…. Ole Miss folks seem to be panicking abt Lane to A&M talk lol, not fans… staff

I don’t even care about the recruiting point.

A&M hasn’t relied on Texas as its sole source of talent for a decade now.

Bomani’s just the normal Twitter CFB mouth breather “haven’t won ever so can’t win” kind of idiot.
This is also true. Since Sumlin A&M has recruited regionally/nationally.

Lanning and DeBoer are the obvious 2 off the top of my head. Young and pretty impressive already.

But if the job was that great wouldn’t there be more interest outside of pipe dreams? You have unlimited resources, 110k man stadium, and Jedd Fisch is a serious option to end up with? Whether it’s the boosters or something else about the school, there’s obviously a disconnect with who you think you are versus who you actually are.
Lanning, sure, but he's got a great job and a rumored massive buyout. DeBoer - I agree - but does he want to leave the PNW? He's home and he's built his entire career out there.

And - for whatever it's worth - A&M has been operating on an accelerated timeline with a desire to be done with this thing by tomorrow... You're not pulling either of those guys out of playoff runs even if they're interested in other opportunities.

Oklahoma just opened and hired Venables.
Florida just opened and hired Napier.
Texas opened and hired Sark and we all LOL'd at it.
Florida State opened and hired Norvell who wasn't at a P5 gig.
Oregon hired Lanning with no HC experience.
Georgia hired Kirby.

This idea that it's gotta be a mega successful sitting head coach or the job isn't that good is just stupid, man. You're better than this.

Dude he's been begging for the job behind closed doors from the minute Jimbo got fired. :lol:
Those same folks have heard him basically say na im good on A&M and say Florida would be a nice spot for the future. We’ll see

Lanning, sure, but he's got a great job and a rumored massive buyout. DeBoer - I agree - but does he want to leave the PNW? He's home and he's built his entire career out there.

And - for whatever it's worth - A&M has been operating on an accelerated timeline with a desire to be done with this thing by tomorrow... You're not pulling either of those guys out of playoff runs even if they're interested in other opportunities.

Oklahoma just opened and hired Venables.
Florida just opened and hired Napier.
Texas opened and hired Sark and we all LOL'd at it.
Florida State opened and hired Norvell who wasn't at a P5 gig.
Oregon hired Lanning with no HC experience.
Georgia hired Kirby.

This idea that it's gotta be a mega successful sitting head coach or the job isn't that good is just stupid, man. You're better than this.
I definitely don’t think that it has to be a mega successful sitting head coach. Your AD/boosters are the ones handicapping the search :lol:. I’m just saying that based on the parameters they’re setting on the search, it’s pretty obvious that the job isn’t that appealing to any current HC with much success. They were about to hire Mark Stoops, case in point.

I definitely don’t think that it has to be a mega successful sitting head coach. Your AD/boosters are the ones handicapping the search :lol:. I’m just saying that based on the parameters they’re setting on the search, it’s pretty obvious that the job isn’t that appealing to any current HC with much success. They were about to hire Mark Stoops, case in point.
"They" weren't about to hire Mike Stoops. Ross Bjork went rogue and tried to slam his buddy through the door.

He was told no on Stoops multiple times, by all accounts close to A&M.

Lane is looking for a new crop of sorority girls since he’s probably ran through Ole Miss’s already and a larger contract 🤣

Lane is looking for a new crop of sorority girls since he’s probably ran through Ole Miss’s already and a larger contract 🤣
I don't love Lane because I just think he's a ****in' goober, but at this point it would be a hilariously funny end to this whole charade.

"They" weren't about to hire Mike Stoops. Ross Bjork went rogue and tried to slam his buddy through the door.

He was told no on Stoops multiple times, by all accounts close to A&M.
But if the other option is hiring Jedd Fisch? ****, you might as well have hired Stoops.

And if A&M fans are talking themselves into Fisch, why wouldn’t you just go get Drinkwitz? N41D N41D

Sidenote, am I bugging or weren’t you rooting for Texas in the Strong era? What made you flip?

And if A&M fans are talking themselves into Fisch, why wouldn’t you just go get Drinkwitz? N41D N41D

Sidenote, am I bugging or weren’t you rooting for Texas in the Strong era? What made you flip?
Rooting for? Nah. ****ed with Charlie, though.

And I'd be totally fine if it were Drinkwitz. Recruits better than Stoops. More competitive against good teams than Stoops. Doesn't have a ton more available to him than Stoops.

Man, as much as y’all **** on the whole “Sumlin’s record vs. Jimbo’s record” after every quarter of a game, we’re now getting **** for NOT hiring a guy with a worse win percentage and a significantly worse (35-55) SEC record?

Man, as much as y’all **** on the whole “Sumlin’s record vs. Jimbo’s record” after every quarter of a game, we’re now getting **** for NOT hiring a guy with a worse win percentage and a significantly worse (35-55) SEC record?
"Can you believe these guys wanna be better than 8-4? THE NERVE"

Back
Top Bottom