OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Most of them are probably A&M and Florida...

But yeah, no Mark Stoops rocks!

I’m just saying a push from being a consistent 8-4 to 10-2 in the SEC isn’t as easy as expected.

10+ games in back to back or consistent seasons are only expected from Bama & UGA IMO

The introduction of NIL and additions of UT and OU only make it harder IMO.

Most of them are probably A&M and Florida...

But yeah, no Mark Stoops rocks!

This is so disingenuous :lol:. Let’s compare the recruiting advantages of Florida, LSU and A&M to UK. Stoops is a good coach. Allergic to offense but he’s a good coach.

This is so disingenuous :lol:. Let’s compare the recruiting advantages of Florida, LSU and A&M to UK. Stoops is a good coach. Allergic to offense but he’s a good coach.
Brother all this is is "are you winning games against teams you're recruiting better than" ... And Stoops was in the red this year. He was in the red last year. :lol:

It's not any deeper than that.

Brother all this is is "are you winning games against teams you're recruiting better than" ... And Stoops was in the red this year. He was in the red last year. :lol:

It's not any deeper than that.
How many teams on the schedule is Stoops recruiting better than though? They’re a basketball school that he’s made into a respectable program. We’re comparing him slightly out recruiting a Mizzou and losing that game to what happens at A&M/LSU/UF? It’s not even a good faith point

How many teams on the schedule is Stoops recruiting better than though? They’re a basketball school that he’s made into a respectable program. We’re comparing him slightly out recruiting a Mizzou and losing that game to what happens at A&M/LSU/UF? It’s not even a good faith point
We're arguing about a dude that's been stuck at a dead end job for over a decade.

Why hasn't he progressed? Cuz he wanted to be at a basketball school that didn't care if he won or lost games?

You'd have been gassed if that was the hire at Miami? :lol: Yeah right, dude.

We're arguing about a dude that's been stuck at a dead end job for over a decade.

Why hasn't he progressed? Cuz he wanted to be at a basketball school that didn't care if he won or lost games?

You'd have been gassed if that was the hire at Miami? :lol: Yeah right, dude.
You’re moving the goalposts now. He’s a good coach. You don’t win 10 games twice in the last 5 years at Kentucky out of all schools if you’re not a good coach. He has a super low stakes gig and he’s making $9.5Ms a year. What better job is he about to get that’s paying him like that and doesn’t have insane expectations? Because that’s what you’re basically asking for.

You’re moving the goalposts now. He’s a good coach. You don’t win 10 games twice in the last 5 years at Kentucky out of all schools if you’re not a good coach. He has a super low stakes gig and he’s making $9.5Ms a year. What better job is he about to get that’s paying him like that and doesn’t have insane expectations? Because that’s what you’re basically asking for.
I'm not moving any goal posts. The guy's signature wins in 11 years are one win over a good Florida team and his best wins the second 10-win season were a 6-7 Florida team and Iowa. :lol: Who caaaaares.

Why wasn't Sonny ****'s phone blowing up a year ago after playing for the title at little old TCU? Would Sonny have been a great hire?

You'd have been HEATED if that was the guy at Miami and you know it damn well.

If "Hey 8-4 every year here isn't good enough anymore" in a new world where A&M's advantages actually (legally) have an opportunity to take hold is insane expectations, I don't care. But you better get damned comfy next to me on the delusional CFB couch. :lol:

I'm not moving any goal posts. The guy's signature wins in 11 years are one win over a good Florida team and his best wins the second 10-win season were a 6-7 Florida team and Iowa. :lol: Who caaaaares.

Why wasn't Sonny ****'s phone blowing up a year ago after playing for the title at little old TCU? Would Sonny have been a great hire?

You'd have been HEATED if that was the guy at Miami and you know it damn well.

If "Hey 8-4 every year here isn't good enough anymore" in a new world where A&M's advantages actually (legally) have an opportunity to take hold is insane expectations, I don't care. But you better get damned comfy next to me on the delusional CFB couch. :lol:
I wouldn’t have wanted Stoops because he’s allergic to offense. I don’t even see the relevance of Sonny ****s? What job was open at that point that makes sense after he took an underdog to a national chip game?

We’ll see if that’s actually what the expectation is at A&M going forward.

I wouldn’t have wanted Stoops because he’s allergic to offense. I don’t even see the relevance of Sonny ****s? What job was open at that point that makes sense after he took an underdog to a national chip game?

We’ll see if that’s actually what the expectation is at A&M going forward.
I just mention Sonny D because I don't care of he took advantage of light schedule and some close-game luck to play for a Natty ... I still probably wouldn't hire that guy as a real long-term solution at A&M.

I don't care if Stoops took advantage of a miserably down SEC East over the last half decade plus and won 10 against weak *** schedules and never really beat anyone that matters. At least Leach at Tech had years he beat elite Texas teams, Oklahoma teams, Oklahoma State teams when they were rolling. Stoops hasn't ever done that. Ever.

He's a dude with obvious shortcomings and a ceiling on what he can be because of them. AND he's already 56, making $9.5 million a year ... You wouldn't want him at Miami because of those shortcomings but don't get why A&M fans hated it and should've been on board? Come on, dude.

Last edited:
You wouldn't want him at Miami because of those shortcomings but don't get why A&M fans hated it and should've been on board? Come on, dude.
Literally never said this, though. :lol: My consistent point is that there’s a disconnect between what A&M actually is and what fans/boosters think the job is.
Hating Stoops and ending up with Elko is funny. But Elko hired Kevin Johns at Duke who is a pretty good OC.
This point still stands. I even acknowledged that he hired a good OC at Duke. You just read my post and took it how you wanted to in defense of the hire.

Literally never said this, though. :lol: My consistent point is that there’s a disconnect between what A&M actually is and what fans/boosters think the job is.
Nobody on the A&M side ever thought this hire was going to be another grand slam swing for the fences big **** swinging hire. Literally nobody.

Did they make calls just to confirm on some guys? Sure. It's hard enough to make that kind of hire as it is - nevermind all the potential 'maybe this guy' options are still in the midst of playoff runs.

It's really only the fringe idiots in the fan base that scream it's a top 5 job. That doesn't mean it's not a great ****in gig that has EVERYTHING YOU NEED to win here.

The reality is they're only about 10 years into really seeing something flash with Johnny and dumping every resource they have into building a program. They've made one swing since with Jimbo. That was a failure. So what. Onto the next guy.

mcnulty-pissed.gif

While this is pretty funny/infuriating, they need to photoshop Fleming out of that pic. Other than blocking, dude was one of the sorriest 5* receivers I’ve ever seen at OSU

Coach O tried to get his dad moved to a more comfortable prison in California and Texas and OU boosters blocked it.
USC fans still running with this urban legend. i remember UCLA fans saying he was going to come because he fell in love with a girl on his recruiting vist........
And if A&M fans are talking themselves into Fisch, why wouldn’t you just go get Drinkwitz? N41D N41D

Sidenote, am I bugging or weren’t you rooting for Texas in the Strong era? What made you flip?

my boy dirk was rooting for texas,OU and tech at one time:lol:

Feeley is average. Decent in the weight room, average on the field. Big rule guy, like a lot of rules, shirts tucked in, lifting with no music sometimes and just pointless rules to make the kids follow them. Knew ppl that hated working for him but stuck it out cuz it was Miami… then different ppl at Duke and got out after the first year. But I will give it to him he had those Florida boys following rules, of course easier do that at Duke. Should be fine with it at A&M

Back
Top Bottom