OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Elko is prob a good hire. But the SEC is also getting tougher with Texas and Oklahoma joining.

Not sure I agree with aiming higher than Kevin Johns offensively, but Duke might just hire him and you won’t have to worry about that anyways.

Not sure I agree with aiming higher than Kevin Johns offensively, but Duke might just hire him and you won’t have to worry about that anyways.
I haven't dug a ton other than just looking at the scheme and what he's run/who he's worked under...

Is he going to get that job?

I haven't dug a ton other than just looking at the scheme and what he's run/who he's worked under...

Is he going to get that job?
Actually looks like they’re shooting higher. Wonder if Charles Huff would actually take that gig.

But the SEC is also getting tougher with Texas and Oklahoma joining.
My take on this...

Some years, yeah - it's going to be damned tough sledding. For everyone in the conference.

But with either the 8-game jumble slate they're currently running or the pod system they kicked around, there's still going to be plenty of years where you really only have to beat one or two "big" names to get into the SEC title game conversation/12-team playoff conversation.

The slate isn't "oh we're adding Oklahoma and Texas to Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss" ... A&M's 2024 slate is Texas, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Missouri, USC, MSU, Arkansas... Is that really tougher than what they've already been running into?

I never thought Deion was gonna put together a top 10 HS class at Colorado but good lord.

I never thought Deion was gonna put together a top 10 HS class at Colorado but good lord.

Me and dacomeup dacomeup were called haters because we doubted it

Back in September I remember reading an article that said Colorado could potentially win a national championship with Coach Prime because he would be able to recruit the top players in the nation to go to Boulder. 🤣🤣🤣

We could play 100 years of college football and Colorado will never win another national championship. The crazy thing is that coach prime isn't recruiting that much better than the prior regime.

He won't be able to use the transfer portal to get elite players, especially on the lines of scrimmage. Coach prime is going to have to become a developer who finds under recruited, diamonds in the rough and turns them into high quality players. I'm not sure if coach prime is patient enough to do that though

These idiots wanted to make sure everyone knew they put buyouts and offsets in the new contract :lol: :lol:

That assistant salary pool figure is... huge. Especially given we've already been told Robinson's getting the DC gig.

Back
Top Bottom