OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it’s going to be a rock fight but I’m going with Utah.

If it becomes a war of attrition those kids from UF are going to start feeling the altitude.

Can Mertz complete a forward pass?
I’m sure he’ll complete a few to the other team if given the chance :lol:

Think Florida’s defense will be much better and they’ll lean on their run game to grind this one out. I’d love to be wrong though. Hate them

Maybe this is the point, but ... aren't those just powder blue SMU uniforms? Is that gonna cause a stink?

I don’t think SMU has powder blue uniforms but Houston’s unis are damn near identical to these :lol:
3A026DC4-F55D-40F2-8D8A-E4E32D287561.jpeg

That Utah backup was decent during the season but awful vs psu. Florida is gonna kill him.

Penn State is significantly better than this Florida team and the circumstances are different, going from being the backup and not expecting to play at all versus getting first team reps throughout fall camp.

We'll see but this is definitely a gigantic break for Florida. Going to be a bad look for Billy Napier if he loses to Utah's third string quarterback.

You almost have to commend Kirk's level of DGAF. He knows he's untouchable and he will never get fired and he knows that everyone hates his offense (and the fact that his son is a completely unqualified OC) and he still doesn't care.

I don't know...in Utah vs what I'm assuming is a very good defense again...Mertz doesn't do it for me. I got the Utes.

Utah didn't have a very good defense last year. They were pretty good but bad against the run. If Mertz sucks, wouldn't Florida just run the ball a lot? And that Utah QB is not good man...

That said, I suppose what I saw in the Florida Spring Game and the fact they're playing in SLC at elevation doesn't bode well for Florida. Gonna be hard to come back if you're down a couple scores and short of breath.

Man, just want Utah to end my annual irrational hope for a playoff spot early. Don't want to go into the Tennessee game thinking "maayyyybeeeeeee" before crying a little bit on the inside.

Man, just want Utah to end my annual irrational hope for a playoff spot early. Don't want to go into the Tennessee game thinking "maayyyybeeeeeee" before crying a little bit on the inside.
You... still think you're making the playoffs this year? With all due respect my brother, anyone who thinks this UF team is winning double digit games is on dust.

You... still think you're making the playoffs this year? With all due respect my brother, anyone who thinks this UF team is winning double digit games is on dust.

I'm sure my predictions in this thread were hoping for 7 or 8 wins. Sarcastically might have put down a confident 6-6 record. But again, annual irrational hope of a playoff birth. Don't we all hope for that when it's week 1?

I'm sure my predictions in this thread were hoping for 7 or 8 wins. Sarcastically might have put down a confident 6-6 record. But again, annual irrational hope of a playoff birth. Don't we all hope for that when it's week 1?

Exactly. What's the point of being a fan if there's no irrational hope? :lol:

That's exactly what sucks about CFB and exactly why they're going to an 8-12 team playoff.

I have the same hope for UW...and I think they can do it! Right now, at least. :emoji_fire:

Nebraska
Florida
NcSt

Little action, congrats to those teams I bet against. You’re guaranteed a victory tonight :lol:

Back
Top Bottom