OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Self imposing a one year bowl ban in a year where you probably weren't going to make a bowl and at a time when your players are no longer eligible to transfer is *chefs kiss*

Lol. Which QB is Utah gonna play? Cam Rising didn't practice all camp right? And their backup got hurt. I assume that prediction is based on the belief they clap MVP MVP regardless since it's in Utah but I'm not so sure.

Also, Boise beats Washington (not as certain about that but I have an inkling.) Sorry elpablo21 elpablo21

Side note, Whittingham lying about Cam Rising's injury status is one of the reasons Fox got so pissed with Utah and the Pac 12 last year.

Brock Huard mentioned warning Pac 12 coaches and leaders in 2019 that the way they dealt with media boradcast partners was bad and they needed to fix it or the networks would turn on them:

I'm ready to be wrong on each one of these but:

LSU 29, FSU 25
- I think this game will be a 38-35, type of shootout in either direction

Utah 32, Florida 25
- I think Florida is going to beat Utah (and I have thought so all offseason even prior to the injury to the backup QB). Think it'll be like a 20-17 type game

NC 31, SC 30
- Seems low to me. Think both teams will have a chance to Top 40. But I can see this being a blowout for 'SC if UNC's WR's aren't up to par esp w/ the transfer getting denied

Washington 35, Boise 21
- I don't know that Boise can keep up w/ Washington under most circumstances, but w/ this being a game 1 and if they control the clock w/ the run game they can make this closer.

Clemson 33, Duke 18
- Game will tell me a lot about where Klub is and how much they were able to put in (offensively) over the summer. Duke losing their best WR probably keeps them from making this more competitive, but Elko is great at coordinating highly intelligent but slightly less athletic defenses. He will throw some **** at Clemson and you're not going to be able to bubble screen/fake screen and go them to death.

TCU 41, Buffs 15?
- Conventional wisdom says that CU is going to suck again this year but this is a totally new team so who knows? Can they block? If so then Lewis will be able to scheme up some points because they have some explosive pieces at WR. Defensively I have no idea how that's going to turn out for them.

Iowa scores 37!!!!!!!!
- Do they score 3 defensive TD's?

Penn State 39, WVU 16
- If PSU comes out firing on all cylinders on Defense, WVU might have issues scoring in double digits. And I can easily see PSU trying to turn this into the Allar show to try and get his season started off right

Last edited:
I'm ready to be wrong on each one of these but:

LSU 29, FSU 25
- I think this game will be a 38-35, type of shootout in either direction

Utah 32, Florida 25
- I think Florida is going to beat Utah (and I have thought so all offseason even prior to the injury to the backup QB). Think it;ll be like a 20-17 type game

NC 31, SC 30
- Seems low to me. Think both teams will have a chance to Top 40. But I can see this being a blowout for 'SC if UNC's WR's aren't up to par esp w/ the transfer getting denied

Washington 35, Boise 21
- I don't know that Boise can keep up w/ Washington under most circumstances, but w/ this being a game 1 and if they control the clock w/ the run game they can make this closer.

Clemson 33, Duke 18
- Game will tell me a lot about where Klub is and how much they were able to put in (offensively) over the summer. Duke losing their best WR probably keeps them from making this more competitive, but Elko is great at coordinating highly intelligent but slightly less athletic defenses. He will throw some **** at Clemson and you're not going to be able to bubble screen/fake screen and go them to death.

TCU 41, Buffs 15?
- Conventional wisdom says that CU is going to suck again this year but this is a totally new team so who knows? Can they block? If so then Lewis will be able to scheme up some points because they have some explosive pieces at WR. Defensively I have no idea how that's going to turn out for them.

Iowa scores 37!!!!!!!!
- Do they score 3 defensive TD's?

Penn State 39, WVU 16
- If PSU comes out firing on all cylinders on Defense, WVU might have issues scoring in double digits. And I can easily see PSU trying to turn this into the Allar show to try and get his season started off right
giphy.gif

Casual football fans are funny.
Just had a 15 minute convo with my dad explaining why Colorado has an uphill battle this season.
He keeps telling me it's a new team, new coach, etc, but come on pops. :lol: You ain't bout this life.
You barely watch NFL anymore.

Forget a career. This kid has obviously needed life help for years when the focus has been on football. Hopefully he can go on to live a healthy, fulfilled life outside of the sport and get the help he needs

💯💯💯

Becoming a productive member of society and living a long, fulfilling life is more important than the success and football. The details of his story are murky. Seemed to be on the right track at LSU and then (from what I heard) he might have taken some drugs that impacted his mental health and stability and it's been a downward spiral sense then.

Enrolled at Florida for a bit, then transfer to Georgia (which was a weird decision for his career looking at Georgia's tight end depth but I understand he was prioritizing being close to home) but was completely away from football for almost an entire year.

Comes to Athens 50+ lbs overweight, works his way back into shape but never plays a meaningful snap at Georgia. Transfers to Nebraska and now this happens.

Back
Top Bottom