OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reassessing the 2023 draft, analysts all talk about taking Young over Stroud as an obvious boneheaded mistake.

But those same analysts were ****ting on Stroud all the way up to the Georgia game.

Maybe I'm tripping and misremembering but wasn't him at #2 the debate? Not whether he should go over Bryce.

Yea, there’s a lot of revisionist history going on, reminds of how people conveniently forget that people thought KC was nuts for drafting Mahomes that high.

Besides the dumb test ****, there were a lot of concerns about Stroud’s ability against pressure (the two games against Michigan being the most glaring) that soured a lot of people on him.

They were hating on CJ up until the GA game and even after they accused him of not running enough and being mobile

What type of job is he looking for that he’ll be able to parlay the success of next year into? They won’t 4 games this year. Do we really think they’ll retool the OL/DL enough to be significantly better next year?

I'd argue that he may not be looking for another job at all. He's not the lifer-coach kind of guy looking to leapfrog to better jobs until he gets his dream job. Unless he's said he wants to continue coaching like that, I can see him walking away altogether.

He's better than McCord but idk how good he is overall.
Was not the biggest fan of Maalik coming out of high school but Im a believer now.

Just want to see him get a full time shot instead of wasting away. Like Miller Moss. I want to see him play a full season! Kid would be running things over at UCLA but has remained loyal to a fault all because he grew up in a USC household.

If you're about to portal a QB, if you're not ponying up for Riley Leonard what are you even doing?
I know everyone loves him for beating Clemson and giving Notre Dame a hard time but he has 3 passing TDs and 3 INTs in 7 games. He completes like 50% of his passes.

I know his supporting cast sucks, but dude is vastly overrated. If he wasn't white we'd be hearing the "should he be switching positions" talk already.

I'd argue that he may not be looking for another job at all. He's not the lifer-coach kind of guy looking to leapfrog to better jobs until he gets his dream job. Unless he's said he wants to continue coaching like that, I can see him walking away altogether.
Nah he's gonna try to use this as a stepping stone lol

Deion is pretty transparent. When he went to JSU we all predicted this and JSU people were in denial. When he left for CU we all said "two years and out" and CU people insisted he and his kids love snow.

Year 1 didn't play out as he planned but it's not a mystery what his goal for the next move will be :lol:

Just asking… are we sure Caleb is going pro this year? He’s probably ready to move on based on how this year went… just curious if it’s a done deal or not.

Are we sure Prime is going to clean up in the portal this offseason?

The one and done kids are going to have better opportunities, and if you’re a kid with some years of eligibility left, why would you transfer somewhere where you know there’s a decent chance the HC is going to dip as soon as he can if things go well?

I honestly don’t think the opportunity for Prime to use CU as stepping stone is going to be there next season. I agree with 651akathepaul 651akathepaul , it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he walked away after a 6-6 season with both of his kids now gone and Travis to the NFL.

Just asking… are we sure Caleb is going pro this year? He’s probably ready to move on based on how this year went… just curious if it’s a done deal or not.

He is gone.

And he is still probably gonna be the 1st QB off the board.

NFL doesn't care about the team results.

He was still one of the highest rated QBs.

He better not come back.

Reassessing the 2023 draft, analysts all talk about taking Young over Stroud as an obvious boneheaded mistake.

But those same analysts were ****ting on Stroud all the way up to the Georgia game.

Maybe I'm tripping and misremembering but wasn't him at #2 the debate? Not whether he should go over Bryce.

ADVERTISEMENT
1pJEW_pH

OzbLW0xU

Yea, there’s a lot of revisionist history going on, reminds of how people conveniently forget that people thought KC was nuts for drafting Mahomes that high.

Besides the dumb test ****, there were a lot of concerns about Stroud’s ability against pressure (the two games against Michigan being the most glaring) that soured a lot of people on him.

They were hating on CJ up until the GA game and even after they accused him of not running enough and being mobile

Yeah, there is a lot of revisionist history going on already. There were a lot of doubts about CJ going into the draft and Bryce was a clear number one pick.

I don’t think he jumped into this at this stage of life to walk away altogether after this spot. Dude was facing amputation and still coaching. As much as he craves attention, coaching is the perfect way for him to scratch that itch.

Saw him against Miami he stinks
Are we sure Prime is going to clean up in the portal this offseason?
He’s going to get more of the same types of kids that he got last offseason. I don’t see him getting the truly elite kids that hop in the portal.

I don’t think he jumped into this at this stage of life to walk away altogether after this spot. Dude was facing amputation and still coaching. As much as he craves attention, coaching is the perfect way for him to scratch that itch.

Coaching while facing amputation is a prime example (no pun intended) of wanting to coach your kids, not necessarily to just coach in general, but I digress. It's all conjecture until either happens. That's just the sense I get about it.

Back
Top Bottom