OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate all these stupid scenarios that ignore that UW is 12-0 and have already beaten the pac 12 representative AT THEIR HOUSE.

This Oregon slurp machine is ridiculous.

Yeah I really don't like that the media is just assuming UDUB will lose.

But if they do lose and this other stuff does go down, yikes....lol

What is up with all this Oregon love?

Oregon doesn't have any impressive wins. When you really look at their resume, they really haven't played many good teams. I don't understand why everyone is so quick to rank them ahead of Alabama, Texas or OSU

I think they’re on Oregon because they still think Oregon should’ve won if not for their coach being an utter moron. Washington has looked pretty sketchy in their last few games (though against good competition). And Oregon has continued to beat up on cupcakes

I think they’re on Oregon because they still think Oregon should’ve won if not for their coach being an utter moron. Washington has looked pretty sketchy in their last few games (though against good competition). And Oregon has continued to beat up on cupcakes
That is my point. I look at SOS. Oregon hasn't played anyone. Oregon and Texas has the same common opponent in Oregon and we see how that worked out. I got Washington tho

🤔

200w.gif
Injuries to his knee, shoulder and hand where most guys would’ve sat out. Finished out the year strong. He was great the first 4 games, but the middle stretch with the injuries he stunk. Meh.

No insight on where he’s going but Harrell and SC finished 2nd for him coming out of HS. He was originally thinking pass heavy offense then chose Baylor. Would make sense for Deboer and Lanning.

Don’t want him though

For real woke up thinking about Brent Venables getting trampled in the smokey tunnel like Mufasa and smiled :smile:

Bud Elliot has been on a warpath against Coach prime since he fired his OC

The article does bring up several good points though. Colorado has basically seen no recruiting bump despite all of the attention Deion has brought. It also seems like Deion isn't doing the hard work that comes with building relationships with local coaches. Does he literally expect players to commit to Colorado because of YouTube videos and social media?

The more and more I think of it, the more I think Bud might be right and coach prime is going to leave after his sons are gone.

So championship teams have:

a great defense
Great culture
Great players
Great offense

Offensive head coaches to win playoffs: Urban, Dabo.

Defensive minded head coaches to win playoffs: Saban, Orgeron, Kirby

And Orgeron didn't win one until he went offense first. There have also been more offense minded head coaches than vice versa that have made the playoff field.

I know he said great defense AND offense so just being argumentative.

Back
Top Bottom