OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y’all going after someone or is it the Devin Brown show now?

It’s hard telling, I mean Brown didn’t beat out McCord (supposedly) so they have to have something in the works. Air Noland comes in next year but I know they won’t start a true freshman. I’d love Ward or Gabriel, but that’s probably a reach. I’m in the minority but I don’t really want Jefferson, I just don’t think he’s a great passer and Day won’t let QBs run free so it would be a weird fit

Impossible not to be.

Biases exist. Emotions exist.

There's no perfect solution here, but moving backwards from what we had to further emphasize human element when every other aspect of sports is actively trying to move away from it is goofy.
I trust 0s and 1s over the committee.

the hits keep coming as a Beavs fan, but I knew Chiles would be gone. Hope he lands somewhere good and not just following Smith to Michigan State. He can be a guy that leads a team to a championship

I just think most years they’ve looked for the least controversial path to 4 teams everyone can live with.

Some years it’s best four. Some years it’s “most deserving” with their arbitrary criteria changing year over year.

Do the 12 team tournament, bring back the BCS

I still feel like the 12 team is too much. 4 seems to be controversial lately, make it 6… that way the games still have some weight behind them. If it were 12 teams, we’d have Oregon and all these other 2 loss teams in the playoff. You might even have a scenario where a team like UGA rests its players in the SEC championship to save them for the playoff because they know they’re still getting in.

What bowl game is Florida playing in this year? In fact, what playoff game has Florida ever played in? Worry about your own lame duck, Sunbelt coach

giphy.gif

EJ Mannuel highly pissed but keeping it cool on first take. They ain't keeping Alabama off after beating Georgia. C'mon now.

Lol, I didn't know there was an APB out for me 🤣.

Losing on Saturday sucked but frankly, I wasn't super confident going into the game so it's not like I was talking trash to Bama fans or anything. I knew it would be a coin flip.

The toughest part about the game is that I still think Georgia is probably the better team but we didn't play well enough to win. If we play that game 10 times, I think Georgia wins five or six but we only play once and we lost. Those are the breaks 🤷🏿

It's also tough because in any other year or if we had lost in any of the week of the season under these circumstances, we likely don't fall that far. For example if we lose in the middle of the season to a top 10 team by a field goal, we likely don't fall from 1 to 6. But then again, those are the breaks. We knew we had to win to get in and we didn't get it done.

I could complain about the sketchy officiating but that's not really my style. Congrats to Bama. They played hard and they won

Back
Top Bottom