OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yesterday felt like “Bama has to be in” and then “well how do we do that without getting pressed on Texas and everyone looked around and decided FSU was the easiest to push aside.

If UGA wins, I don’t think FSU gets left out. At that point there’s nothing else to have to explain away and UGA gets FSU game 1.

I agree. Remember my post from the other day?

I felt either they would have to leave out the SEC and then deal with that fall out, or leave out someone else who deserved to be in like FSU or Texas and reckon with that.

Feels like they went for the scenario that would give them the best TV product, precedent and everything else be damned.

I just think most years they’ve looked for the least controversial path to 4 teams everyone can live with.

Some years it’s best four. Some years it’s “most deserving” with their arbitrary criteria changing year over year.

Do the 12 team tournament, bring back the BCS

I'm not so sure about that. I think if UGA wins they still put Texas in

I could be wrong (and of course we'll never know) but I have my doubts personally
But Texas's best win at that point would be over a 2 loss Bama. A win over a 1 loss Bama SEC champ is different.

Side note, I also think Saban knew the scenario was "win and you're in."

But Texas's best win at that point would be over a 2 loss Bama. A win over a 1 loss Bama SEC champ is different.

Side note, I also think Saban knew the scenario was "win and you're in."

I just think most years they’ve looked for the least controversial path to 4 teams everyone can live with.

Some years it’s best four. Some years it’s “most deserving” with their arbitrary criteria changing year over year.

Do the 12 team tournament, bring back the BCS

You could be right. But at the end of the day they make the decision that they want to make, especially with this being the last year of the 4 team playoff, and justify it however they want to. I just don't put anything past them and their quest to maximize eyeballs and push things the way they think it should go

20231204_102954.jpg

Basically. Because it’s obvious that the committee is even worse than the computers.
Impossible not to be.

Biases exist. Emotions exist.

There's no perfect solution here, but moving backwards from what we had to further emphasize human element when every other aspect of sports is actively trying to move away from it is goofy.

Back
Top Bottom