OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20231206_002444.jpg

Most dudes in the portals had top 14s and top 8s when the initially entered college…Things probably didn’t work out , how they’d liked so they enter the portal. Non-story

Not a huge story but things certainly have changed when it comes to high school recruiting. Most FCS schools are taking 4-5 fewer high school kids per cycle because they're saving those spots for transfer portal additions. Why take a risk on a high school kid who may not work out at college when you can get someone you know can perform at the college level, they can handle the academic workload and the recruitment takes weeks, not years?

The elite, blue chip players will always have the leverage on to top 20 lists and play games through the recruitment process. With the transfer portal schools are less likely to play these types of games with non elite athletes. If a three-star is trying to string things along a coaching staff will just give their spot to a P5 transfer

If you do the math, there are hundreds (or maybe thousands) a few word high school kids who might get the opportunity to play college football than there were prior to the transfer portal.

You will never be able to build a championship roster through the transfer portal but as a coach I can imagine that I would be quicker to cut off a high school kid who was playing games because I can feel that slot with a transfer.

The transfer portal has also destroyed junior college recruiting. A lot fewer juco kids get p5 offers. It's getting to the point where it's not really worth it anymore.

Last edited:
I would love to have another blocking TE to help in the run game

Now that Louisville took Shough there’s even more talk that FSU is where DJ ends up.

After all the **** yall talked about him this is one of the funniest possible outcomes :lol:

I think many of us are would be great on TV breaking things down.

I wouldn’t. If I was calling that Bama/Auburn game I’d be kicked off for calling them absolute bums after they allowed that pass. Or me talking about McCord during OSU games :smh:

Would yall listen to/watch a podcast featuring people from this thread? :lol:

That’s why I’ve grown to like Zack Smiths podcast a bit more since he brought a co host on, he’s gotten past all the bitterness from coaching and talks more football now but he doesn’t try to keep it PG like Cover 3 and all that.

Still a guilty pleasure that I won’t openly defend but he has improved

Would yall listen to/watch a podcast featuring people from this thread? :lol:
I watched the NT basketball game stream back in the day so I think so. If put a lot of thought into this and the only difference between our takes and what we see on TV is they have a larger platform.

I watched the NT basketball game stream back in the day so I think so. If put a lot of thought into this and the only difference between our takes and what we see on TV is they have a larger platform.

I have a good friend who is an on air sports media personality. He barely watches any college football and comes to me and the podcasts I tell him to listen to for all his takes :lol:

Do you like that move?
A lot to like - have some questions about the passing game that he'll just have to answer on the field.

But relative to the talent on that roster -- it's hard to argue with the productivity and the efficiency they've maintained over multiple years now.

Great in the red zone. Great on third down.

Please don't say it was a Laker game lol

Why the star player is tweeting out hostage tweets :lol:

Tweet written in conjunction with the letter the states cfo. It says the CFP’s decision will hurt recruiting. “Travis Benjamin” just trying to help lock in those recruits that are now on the fence.

Back
Top Bottom