OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't.

But normally after 15 none of it matters.

Except it does, that’s why the Bamas of the world have those high strength of schedule numbers because they beat mid SEC teams that are ranked. And the committee goes by SOS, SOR, and top 25 wins. It’s easy to pile those up when teams like Tennessee are ranked for no reason. That’s all I’m saying. Bama obviously doesn’t need any help as they prove it on the field but if it was a different team like Miss State it’s the difference of them getting in over another team.

Yall came up with a hypothetical situation that wouldn't happen and I just entertained it.

Yall issue is with the perceived SEC bias...

I personally don't care because it will always play out. Especially now with 12 teams.
There’s no perceived bias. There’s actual bias :lol:. But if it’s easier to downplay it then go ahead

Let's not kid ourselves, next season there is going to be more controversy with the at large teams that get a bid. We could very well see one or even two SEC teams with 3 losses get in over a one loss deserving team that has a key injury maybe even to a non-QB.

I mean we had a 7-4 ranked Tennessee, is it that absurd?
7-4 Clemson was also ranked that week. That’s still a pretty far cry from (I don’t even want to call hyperbole because it’s just such a dumb take) a 3-9 and 4-8 team being ranked.

I'd rank 7-4 Tennessee ahead of 9-2 Iowa all day long and sleep just fine.

But yall do you.
It’s only a problem when 2-loss Ole Miss hovers around the top 10…but Penn State being the exact same team results-wise is perfectly placed.

How many examples of 7-5 SEC teams being ranked over 10-2 non-SEC teams (excluding lower-level FBS conference teams) can y’all provide that have happened previously?
7-5 is ridiculous but 7-4 at the time Tennesssee still being ranked in the top 20 after losing 3 of 5 was a choice by the committee, and one with a clear intent behind it.

Damn my browser hadn't updated. Just saw everyone else cited the exact same example :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised...

Supposedly the Top100 kid - Avery Johnson? - they signed last year is a potential to follow.

Will be curious what happens with Weigman - he's a star but IDK if he's the ideal prototype for what Klein does offensively.
No way Avery leaves? Part of Howard bouncing was because they had two starting QBs and were gonna go with the younger guy (Johnson.) That'd be dastardly if you NIL him away from them too lol.

Last edited:
7-5 is ridiculous but 7-4 at the time Tennesssee still being ranked in the top 20 after losing 3 of 5 was a choice by the committee, and one with a clear intent behind it.

Damn my browser hadn't updated. Just saw everyone else cited the exact same example :lol:
They weren’t in the top 20 though. If y’all wanna *****, at least have facts.

7-4 Clemson was also ranked that week. That’s still a pretty far cry from (I don’t even want to call hyperbole because it’s just such a dumb take) a 3-9 and 4-8 team being ranked.

7-4 Clemson also had wins against ND and UNC who were ranked at the time so yeah that makes a bit more sense than Tennessee.

Also you can’t be dense enough to think I was serious about 3-9 and 4-8 teams being ranked, right?

How many examples of 7-5 SEC teams being ranked over 10-2 non-SEC teams (excluding lower-level FBS conference teams) can y’all provide that have happened previously?
Do we have to give literal one to ones for hypotheticals the point to get across? If this is the defense then it’s a pointless exercise

Down play your opinion?

All day.

There is nothing to prove an SEC bias.
You got it, man. Purely my opinion and no actual statistical evidence that would show that the SEC isn’t carried by two teams at the top that the middle and bottom reaps the benefits of :lol:. None at all

No way Avery leaves? Part of Howard bouncing was because they had two starting QBs and were gonna go with the younger guy (Johnson.) That'd be dastardly if you NIL him away from them too lol.
I'd be surprised, honestly.

But shiiiiiit if he's shopping, cash him out.

Do we have to give literal one to ones for hypotheticals the point to get across? If this is the defense then it’s a pointless exercise
Oh, you definitely didn't ride this way when tmay was playing this game with "Are they LITERALLY all 30 year olds? 25 isn't 30."

KEEP THE SAME ENERGY.

We are gonna have a” who deserves it more conversation, a 9-3 LSU team or an 11-0 Liberty team

As they should. Liberty literally had the worst schedule in the nation (133rd out of 133 teams). A nine win LSU team is better than an undefeated liberty team.

Back
Top Bottom