OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's so crazy that they keep saying this decision will hurt college football.

Hey dummies, next year it’s 12 teams. There will never be an undefeated P5 champ left out ever again.....
Nah, but there will be a 7-5 SEC that gets in over a 10-2 non-SEC team because the SEC just means more!

I’d petition for rankings to not even come out until Week 5 in this new CFB world. Typically only works to prop up the same blue bloods/SEC before we even know who’s good or not.

I’d petition for rankings to not even come out until Week 5 in this new CFB world. Typically only works to prop up the same blue bloods/SEC before we even know who’s good or not.
To be honest, I don’t think we need rankings at all. The committee had FSU in the top for three weeks after Jordan Travis got hurt, just to bump them to five in the last ranking.

They’re going to change their mind, or contradict themselves at the end, so the lead up doesn’t even matter.

Last edited:
N41D N41D Will Howard surprisingly talking to A&M. I guess due to his familiarity with Klein and Weigman's injury history?

We need somebody to write a book on the history of NT. I feel like there was a gold mine of stuff before I discovered this website back in 2013. :lol:
The 2008-10 NT rap scene was epic. There's some legit stars that made it out of that.

Never forget when the NT A&Rs gave my south by southwest showcase slot away to Pill :smh:

the rankings are a business. AP writers rely on them for engagement and content during the season.

They're not gonna do anything that makes the media's job harder and can cause them to turn their attention to other sports. (See our Lincoln convo from the season.)

It is funny how the college football media complains about how dumb and meaningless the rankings are til the last few, but then they each do a monday reranking show, a tuesday night live reaction rankings show, and have done 4 episodes each this week about FSU being left out when they were previously ranked :lol:

None of it matters anyway.

Yall just want to complain about the SEC.
If pointing at legitimate flaws in the system is just complaining about the SEC then I guess. You just tried to justify a 7-5 team SEC team getting in over a 10-2 non-SEC team in the hypothetical, when you said there wouldn’t be any issues starting next year :lol:

The 2008-10 NT rap scene was epic. There's some legit stars that made it out of that.

Never forget when the NT A&Rs gave my south by southwest showcase slot away to Pill :smh:
Never forget the American Ganster cover thread where dudes made their own versions of that Album. Flu's version was 🥶

If pointing at legitimate flaws in the system is just complaining about the SEC then I guess. You just tried to justify a 7-5 team SEC team getting in over a 10-2 non-SEC team in the hypothetical, when you said there wouldn’t be any issues starting next year :lol:

Yall came up with a hypothetical situation that wouldn't happen and I just entertained it.

Yall issue is with the perceived SEC bias...

I personally don't care because it will always play out. Especially now with 12 teams.

Never forget the American Ganster cover thread where dudes made their own versions of that Album. Flu's version was 🥶
I've been trying to hit Flu and a few other cats up about beats they gave me in 2010. I got $1.62 spotify checks I'm trying to give them their cut of.

Not trying to catch a lawsuit like all of reggaeton is.

How many examples of 7-5 SEC teams being ranked over 10-2 non-SEC teams (excluding lower-level FBS conference teams) can y’all provide that have happened previously?

N41D N41D Will Howard surprisingly talking to A&M. I guess due to his familiarity with Klein and Weigman's injury history?
Wouldn't be surprised...

Supposedly the Top100 kid - Avery Johnson? - they signed last year is a potential to follow.

Will be curious what happens with Weigman - he's a star but IDK if he's the ideal prototype for what Klein does offensively.

We had this discussion so many times in here. The SEC bias isn’t about UGA/Bama, it’s the other midgets of the conference (A&M, ole Miss, Tennessee, etc.) that get ranked high for no reason at all. Perfect example was Tennessee being ranked at 7-4 before the final ranking. The reason it matters is it boosts teams like Bamas resume for beating them teams that frankly aren’t good. Meanwhile you’ll have a team from another conference with that same record not be anywhere near the rankings.

Same with Ole Miss. They play trash teams every year, get washed by the good teams, and maybe win one game against a good one and they’re somehow just outside of the top ten.

It all plays itself out anyway but it’s funny at this point. We know yall won’t take your SEC shades off to see it

Back
Top Bottom