OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is wild. I'm surprised Malachi isn't getting interest from high level P5 teams. Even Dante Moore got picked up as a developmental player to take over in 2025. Why isn't Ohio State all over this?

Is the word out that Malachi is a bust? I don't think he has behavioral issues or any off field stuff going on. Maybe Malachi is just prioritizing going to any decent school that will allow him to start immediately.

The word is he wasn't that good. He got pissed when Miller got the nod on the bowl game and made a bad choice.

It happens.

Also he wasn't happy when his agent showed him how much USC offered Will Howard.

The irony is after Miller balled out in the bowl, SC's collective has pivoted and will increase Miller's NIL to keep him. They've cooled on competing with Ohio State NIL wise because they're not desperate to get a new starter now that they think Miller could get the job done.

Circumstances have changed but once you enter that portal, it's tough to swallow your pride and come back. Especially when feelings were hurt.

I think the decision by Malachi to look at lower level programs makes sense. Its like Maalik choosing Duke.

Just find a place that will guarantee playing time. Don't have to worry about the program paying someone else to come in and take your job. Too many kids choose the splashy school and end up transferring out after 1 season. We see it every single year, even out of High School.

I'm essentially saying "dodge competition" but I don't mean it like that. These "high level" kids just need to find a place where they will play. Simple. If you are good at Duke or Boise, you'll get drafted high. If you are not, well then, this wasn't for you.

We can go back every year for the past 2-3 years and point out the mistakes some of these guys made. The ND kid who transferred to Bama. Why? He made it hard on himself. Spencer Sanders. Why? Ole Miss had too much competition.

I think the decision by Malachi to look at lower level programs makes sense. Its like Maalik choosing Duke.

Just find a place that will guarantee playing time. Don't have to worry about the program paying someone else to come in and take your job. Too many kids choose the splashy school and end up transferring out after 1 season. We see it every single year, even out of High School.

I'm essentially saying "dodge competition" but I don't mean it like that. These "high level" kids just need to find a place where they will play. Simple. If you are good at Duke or Boise, you'll get drafted high. If you are not, well then, this wasn't for you.

We can go back every year for the past 2-3 years and point out the mistakes some of these guys made. The ND kid who transferred to Bama. Why? He made it hard on himself. Spencer Sanders. Why? Ole Miss had too much competition.

This is a good point. Also, if Malachi does ball out at Boise then he can always transfer again now that we have unlimited transfers in college football.

It made sense for Buckner to transfer to Bama. They gave him a shot to start a game and he played absolutely terrible. It wouldn't have mattered if he were at Bama, Boise or Bucknell, eventually a program would have figured out he was garbage and benched him.

Spencer Sanders was the most egregious because it was his final year of eligibility he walked into a room with an incumbent starter and another high level transfer. He's the type of guy who should have went to a G5 school that provided him playing time instead of wasting his final year of eligibility on the bench.

That's true.

Malachi wants to start and genuinely believed he could beat Miller out in a Spring competition. He and Miller also weren't too far apart in NIL so when Lincoln says "it's an open competition," it's more believable.

Howard was getting an NIL investment that was bigger than both Malachi and Miller got and it made Malachi believe he was being brought in to 100% start, because why else would you pay someone like that.

I think we're going to see more of that side of NIL now. These kids are making money but they're still kids and not savvy to the business side, and will be susceptible to suggestion and influence. When someone tells them "Will Howard is getting 2x as much money as you got, no way they sit him behind you," The kid will believe that. They don't see it as a market that changes based on circumstance, they see it as dollar amount = value to the team.

This is a good point. Also, if Malachi does ball out at Boise then he can always transfer again now that we have unlimited transfers in college football.

It made sense for Buckner to transfer to Bama. They gave him a shot to start a game and he played absolutely terrible. It wouldn't have mattered if he were at Bama, Boise or Bucknell, eventually a program would have figured out he was garbage and benched him.

Spencer Sanders was the most egregious because it was his final year of eligibility he walked into a room with an incumbent starter and another high level transfer. He's the type of guy who should have went to a G5 school that provided him playing time instead of wasting his final year of eligibility on the bench.
Just to clear something up, I think dacomeup dacomeup brought it up but we don't have "unlimited" transfers. There's a TRO in place right now on the transfer restriction and the NCAA has said they'll honor anyone that transfers right now during this window (the rest of the 2023-24 season) and while it's pending. The court's could decide that thing one way or the other in 2 months.

That's the point. Why waste a year at Bama? We all laughed when he chose Bama. He should have seen that coming. Kid jumped at the hype when he needed someone to tell him bro, you sure about this?

Same thing happened with our nephew. His biggest offer was Kansas. And this was before Kansas became Kansas. I had that same talk. You sure you want to go there when you have all of these Ivy Leagues? If you're good enough, you can transfer after graduating from Harvard. I was emphatic on him choosing an Ivy League school like Harvard and Princeton. It was the 4 for 40 plan. Go to Harvard for 4 years and you're set for the next 40. Not everyone is an NFL talent. But at least give yourself a chance by making the right decision.

Who the heck is this kid? 🤣 Georgia is just taking anybody out of the portal now.

Bro, he's good. Just never could get consistent time.

HOWEVER, this commitment falls into what I'm talking about. WHY BRO????? Georgia? Come on man. Go to Missouri, for example!!! Wazzu? Something along those lines. You're now the 3rd transfer at the WR position in this class. Dawg!

I hate the ones that transfer from one high level program (because he wasn't playing much) to another high level program. The risk is too high!! This transfer has to be to a place where you are guaranteed to play.

HOWEVER, this commitment falls into what I'm talking about. WHY BRO????? Georgia? Come on man. Go to Missouri, for example!!! Wazzu? Something along those lines. You're now the 3rd transfer at the WR position in this class. Dawg!

I hate the ones that transfer from one high level program (because he wasn't playing much) to another high level program. The risk is too high!! This transfer has to be to a place where you are guaranteed to play.

Yeah I don't get this at all for him.

Maybe it was the bag but I doubt he will get the PT he thinks he will.

Who the heck is this kid? 🤣 Georgia is just taking anybody out of the portal now.

You might want to dig in the crates of this thread. We discussed him already.

Back then we mentioned Georgia tampered to get him to portal. He's good. High potential kid.

That avatar lol

hkuH--h9_400x400.jpg

atlsfinest atlsfinest To be specific (had to refresh myself on the dude's name) Georgia hired David Hill, a former Desert Pines HS coach from Nevada, as a support staffer when some schools were trying to lure Darnell back out West. Hill was a "handler" for a bunch of Las Vegas area kids and the move kept Darnell with y'all and had a bunch of others interested in UGA. Gorman has a nasty class coming up in one of the next two years.

But it worked for JT 🤷🏾‍♂️

This is wild. I'm surprised Malachi isn't getting interest from high level P5 teams. Even Dante Moore got picked up as a developmental player to take over in 2025. Why isn't Ohio State all over this?

Is the word out that Malachi is a bust? I don't think he has behavioral issues or any off field stuff going on. Maybe Malachi is just prioritizing going to any decent school that will allow him to start immediately.

OSU doesn’t want a freshman transfer, they want a one year rental maybe 2. The word is they’re worried if they bring in a freshman it’s going to make Air Noland consider going elsewhere. I don’t think bringing Malachi would be any better than putting Noland out there to be honest

Back
Top Bottom