OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fleck has made some NIL comments like people aren’t stepping up in the community, that I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a change in the next few years, unless things get better like the recruitment has.

But with these schools entering, Fleck has a point that NIL has to go up. And it applies to all gender sports.

Minnesota is a bad football job in many ways, there just is not the local support and you’re in a pro sports city where not many really care about anything the University does nor do they want to contribute to NIL.

PJ Fleck STAYS because the tradeoff is he gets a raise 3 out of every 4 years almost guaranteed, 8 wins in a season is a success, and he gets to hold that Motor City Bowl trophy like he just won a natty (and gets a 100 grand bonus). Ive often wondered why certain coaches dont strike when it’s hot and jump ship but I’ve started to see now for some of these guys where there’s no pressure, you’re making 5 or 6 million a year, and you still got that country club and private plane and Big Ten money maybe life isn’t so bad.
I also honestly can’t believe Liepold is STILL at Kansas.

Minnesota is a bad football job in many ways, there just is not the local support and you’re in a pro sports city where not many really care about anything the University does nor do they want to contribute to NIL.

PJ Fleck STAYS because the tradeoff is he gets a raise 3 out of every 4 years almost guaranteed, 8 wins in a season is a success, and he gets to hold that Motor City Bowl trophy like he just won a natty (and gets a 100 grand bonus). Ive often wondered why certain coaches dont strike when it’s hot and jump ship but I’ve started to see now for some of these guys where there’s no pressure, you’re making 5 or 6 million a year, and you still got that country club and private plane and Big Ten money maybe life isn’t so bad.
I also honestly can’t believe Liepold is STILL at Kansas.
Okay well you agree no local support, if that went up and there was real comittment we could be......! ________

jpzx jpzx RyGuy45 RyGuy45

Has Fleck gotten any heat locally for the success South Dakota St and NDSU have had? The majority of those two rosters are made up of kids that technically are from Minnesota’s recruiting footprint.

People say NIL and the portal is what’s wrong with the sport though
I just don’t know what to make of Fisch.

One good year at Arizona and a bunch of what - on the surface - looks like a dude that’s probably not as good as the places he’s been and people he’s worked under suggest he should be.

And I’d assume it’s safe to bet he was down Washington’s list.

jpzx jpzx RyGuy45 RyGuy45

Has Fleck gotten any heat locally for the success South Dakota St and NDSU have had? The majority of those two rosters are made up of kids that technically are from Minnesota’s recruiting footprint
1. It's always been a thing. First and foremost, Wisconsin takes our guys all the time, and if the recruit's really good, others do.

2. Which is why I can't believe we got Koi to come to the Gophers from a boondocks town in Minnesota, No. 1 safety in the nation.

3. Blindspot for us, is they go national, and miss the population density of these states around us, even our own state with some of these cities like Koi comes from. They miss talent they don't need to.

I'd want to talk to each individually, or however many a coach needs to cause i know there's many
you can't though. Get in, get out. Dueces.

Text you soon to set up a chance to talk when emotions calm down.

The program don't want you sticking around to talk to the young men. They want you gone too.

you can't though. Get in, get out. Dueces.

Text you soon to set up a chance to talk when emotions calm down.

The program don't want you sticking around to talk to the young men. They want you gone too.
Correct, they'd take away your keycard asap and you'd be out of there but somehow I would negotiate a large meeting and say what I liked about each of the players or something. You gotta be respectful.

I just don’t know what to make of Fisch.

One good year at Arizona and a bunch of what - on the surface - looks like a dude that’s probably not as good as the places he’s been and people he’s worked under suggest he should be.

And I’d assume it’s safe to bet he was down Washington’s list.

The reporting around his departure has conveyed a roster that’s very angry. I wonder if he will be able to pull any of those kids with him to UW. And if not that’s probably going to be a very tough situation with what’s coming on the schedule.

Hunter deleted the tweet because people were on his *** but let me post the screenshots

1705305023799.jpeg

Don’t they already want to run Helton’s *** out of Georgia Southern?

Jeff Traylor should be the guy if they can get him.

witnesskb24 witnesskb24 your DC’s going after the Zona job. Who’s next up if that happens?

I’m assuming they’d hire someone from outside because I can’t think of anyone internally that could take that over. Would be a shame because there are a lot of people returning next season and I’m assuming they’re trying to lure in Caleb Downs

Back
Top Bottom