OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think anybody could’ve stopped all these transfers but a Sark, Lanning, or Kiffen could’ve maybe slowed it down. All those dudes have ties to the south (2 of them ties to Bama) which I think could’ve helped. That’s not to say they’re better coaches than KDB but I think their names carry a bit more weight down there
All 3 of them worked for Saban and are better recruiters than Deboer.

Deboer hasn't really shown the ability to recruit at any of his stops.

Last edited:
Sherrone Moore, this is how you answer the question. Not by talking about your white wife and bi-racial kids.

THIS IS MY RESPONSE TO MAYO

IMG_2235.jpeg

Of course the portal was FINE when (for example) they were tampering with Domani Jackson and had him in person at their practices before our bowl game.

----

Last edited:
I'd like to believe Michigan can mitigate the portal damage by having Moore take over + good vibes of the Championship

Bama fans mad at the system they benefitted from for years but not the guy who decided to retire after the portal closed.

The Sharks have been Sharking :lol:

Kinda poetic in a way to see the outrage in their fanbase over everyone poaching their guys now after the last decade plus of them doing just that with everyone else

MVP MVP

Hal Lewis is a big Florida booster and the mouthpiece for their NIL (maybe he runs the whole collectivf? I'm not sure). He's basically saying that Florida isn't going to be in the running for elite guys in the portal and their fan base should just field the best roster they can and hope for the best.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Sunbelt Billy is a good coach and I truly believe he is a liability from a game management standpoint but it also seems like Florida isn't serious about competing at the highest level if they are openly admitting to not being in the running for elite players.

The thing I don't understand about Florida is they can get $400 million for sl stadium renovations and they will certainly be able to find the $10+ million it takes to fire Billy in the fall but when it comes to getting elite players they throw their hands up.

Last edited:
It sounds like he’s saying they won’t over spend for guys, not that they won’t compete. He’s taking a shot at a handful of specific schools.

It sounds like he’s saying they won’t over spend for guys, not that they won’t compete. He’s taking a shot at a handful of specific schools.
When you haven’t made a bowl game in 3 years and you have what is essentially a lame duck coach, then you don’t have a choice but to overspend.
The thing I don't understand about Florida is they can get $400 million for sl stadium renovations and they will certainly be able to find the $10+ million it takes to fire Billy in the fall but when it comes to getting elite players they throw their hands up.
On top of what I said above, they have an AD that inspires zero confidence. He’ll be fired right along with Billy. Asking fans to donate when other elite schools are literally being funded by the billionaire class is hilarious though.

It's not "overspending". It's just normal spending. These are just the market price for these elite players. Their collective is basically saying they aren't in the running for elite players and they are comfortable not fielding an elite roster.

You can make the argument that Florida shouldn't spend millions on one elite player because their team is not one player away from competing but it looks like Florida isn't spending money at all and they are just expecting Billy to compete at a talent disadvantage.

This would be easier to swallow for Florida fans if Florida were spending money on numerous high level players instead of pouring all of their money into 1-2 elite players but instead of Florida hasn't been a major player in the transfer portal at all, despite their roster deficiencies.

The “overspending” claims are hilarious too because most of these kids are getting 5 figure deals. It’s easy to sell copium to your fanbase though and blame everything on the big bad NIL boogeyman who pay the kids unreasonable amounts. Caleb Downs is about to get an elite transfer QB style deal. Vast majority of kids aren’t even touching 6 figures.

These kids deserve 6 and 7 figure deals and I'm proud of them. Those that don't make it to the NFL will have some money to help them get a good start or help cover the medical bills that don't get covered after they stop playing

Also, a Miami insider called at A&M for their NIL deal terms a while back. Might be obvious to us, but most of these kids have never touched real money or have people in their corner negotiating contracts. Hope they’re all getting actual representation going forward.

The “overspending” claims are hilarious too because most of these kids are getting 5 figure deals. It’s easy to sell copium to your fanbase though and blame everything on the big bad NIL boogeyman who pay the kids unreasonable amounts. Caleb Downs is about to get an elite transfer QB style deal. Vast majority of kids aren’t even touching 6 figures.

Must be nice

It's not "overspending". It's just normal spending. These are just the market price for these elite players. Their collective is basically saying they aren't in the running for elite players and they are comfortable not fielding an elite roster.

You can make the argument that Florida shouldn't spend millions on one elite player because their team is not one player away from competing but it looks like Florida isn't spending money at all and they are just expecting Billy to compete at a talent disadvantage.

This would be easier to swallow for Florida fans if Florida were spending money on numerous high level players instead of pouring all of their money into 1-2 elite players but instead of Florida hasn't been a major player in the transfer portal at all, despite their roster deficiencies.
Paying multiple millions for a strong safety in college is not normal spending 😂

The rest of your statement is also untrue. Florida outbid A&M and others for Lagway. There are other examples of that from this class too. You don’t think they pulled those guys based on positive program outlook and on field performance right? So they can clearly spend on elite players WHEN they want to.

I think it’s pretty clear that he’s saying they’re not just going to throw money at everyone and they’re going to be more selective than other programs on how to allocate funds.

I don’t mean this derisively, but I think you two as UGA and Miami fans aren’t being completely objective on this one.

Back
Top Bottom