OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paying multiple millions for a strong safety in college is not normal spending 😂

Georgia and Ohio State, the two programs to a likely be #1 and #2 the preseason polls are willing to make the investment. Maybe that should tell you something.

If Florida is comfortable being mediocre, that's up to them but I don't want to hear that they expect to compete for championships.

The rest of your statement is also untrue. Florida outbid A&M and others for Lagway. There are other examples of that from this class too. You don’t think they pulled those guys based on positive program outlook and on field performance right? So they can clearly spend on elite players WHEN they want to.

I think it’s pretty clear that he’s saying they’re not just going to throw money at everyone and they’re going to be more selective than other programs on how to allocate funds.

I don’t mean this derisively, but I think you two as UGA and Miami fans aren’t being completely objective on this one.
Florida had a Top 3 recruiting class before **** went off the rails this year. So what’s to blame there? NIL or recruiting? Were they being selective when they had Filsaime, Amaris Williams, etc committed too? Because clearly, they thought that their NIL was fine when they had those kids committed until late in the process.

And also, Florida outbid everyone for Rashada too. Devil is in the details on how the contract is actually drafted and what the money he’ll actually see looks like.

To be fair I think nako xl nako xl stated several times that Caleb screwed them multiple times a game by playing backyard football
Caleb was quite literally the co-oc for the offense.

Look at the offense Lincoln ran in 2021 and 2022, and then the offense we ran in the Holiday bowl vs. Louisville.

Read my (and tupac003 tupac003 and casper90403 casper90403 ) previous posts on this subject. Lincoln and Caleb are SO close and Lincoln trusts and loves him so much that he gave him complete free reign over checks and calls. He'd frequently check out of runs and plays to get to more manageable down and distance. As I've mentioned, he checked out of a kneel down vs Arizona and nearly threw a pick. The offense turned into Caleb playing madden, and while he's good enough to do that and get away with it, it probably cost us games when it wasn't working.

That said we had the #3 scoring offense this year and #5 last year, so "repulsive" and "barely football" seems... well 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sounds like it’s going to be Bill O’Brien

Not sure if that’s good or bad. Patriots offense was garbage and Bama got rid of him before that

Kid just must love playing football and getting Masters degrees.

9th year senior

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 3.51.01 PM.png

That said we had the #3 scoring offense this year and #5 last year, so "repulsive" and "barely football" seems... well 🤷🏾‍♂️
Having a “generational” QB can sometimes mask things. These dudes are breaking down the actual route combos and pass schemes that they’re seeing when they break down the film. So I don’t think it’s particularly relevant to their critiques.
Sounds like it’s going to be Bill O’Brien

Not sure if that’s good or bad. Patriots offense was garbage and Bama got rid of him before that

let me tell you buddy. It is NOT good :lol:

failing up HOFer.

Who would you like to see Ohio State hire as HC next year?

From the “rumored” names I really wanted Kliff (sounds like he could be heading to the Bears) or Candle. Watching the BOB offenses at Bama, they scored a bunch but it was literally Bryce scrambling around and throwing it up. All of these players coming back will be for nothing if it’s an inept offense again

From the “rumored” names I really wanted Kliff (sounds like he could be heading to the Bears) or Candle. Watching the BOB offenses at Bama, they scored a bunch but it was literally Bryce scrambling around and throwing it up. All of these players coming back will be for nothing if it’s an inept offense again
He’s trolling you. He said HC not OC :lol:. Because if y’all are hiring BOB then another L to Michigan is likely coming and that’s it for Day.

Having a “generational” QB can sometimes mask things. These dudes are breaking down the actual route combos and pass schemes that they’re seeing when they break down the film. So I don’t think it’s particularly relevant to their critiques.

let me tell you buddy. It is NOT good :lol:

failing up HOFer.

:smh:

Better not be your man’s Gattis :lol:

He’s trolling you. He said HC not OC :lol:. Because if y’all are hiring BOB then another L to Michigan is likely coming and that’s it for Day.

I didn’t even notice that :lol:

This whole OC thing is odd because who knows how much control day is going to let them have anyway

Back
Top Bottom