OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are your thoughts on this comment from a columnist covering another school:

How much credit does Lincoln Riley deserve for developing QBs?

The only QB Lincoln Riley has developed is Caleb Williams, and I'm pretty sure there are dozens of coaches that could have done that. Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts were ready-made. He didn't make them NFL players. Kyler Murray, too.

I’ll take it a step further. Caleb Williams was born to play QB. What exactly did Lincoln do to develop him?

Baker was a former walkon that got ran off from TT for Davis Webb. I wouldn’t call that “ready made”.
There are also tons of coaches who recruit the QB position as well or better than Lincoln. None of them have had the success and production he has there.

nako xl nako xl Sounds like Longstreet had himself a week.

I’ve been running around so haven’t had a chance to read any of the elite 11 stuff besides the Juju coverage that gets pushed to me but I’m not surprised. People locally LOVE Longstreet and there’s a large contingent that think he’s better than Lewis. I think casper90403 casper90403 may be a Longstreet guy?

Lincoln and Huard are convinced that Lewis is the guy though. He doesn’t have a strong arm at all but he was #2 in the accuracy competition and #1 in the pro day so “I don’t see it with him” feels like hyperbole. I’ll try to watch some of it this afternoon while I wait for my car to be fixed.

I think if anything happens with Lewis they pivot to Husan. He was on campus twice in the spring and also has a relationship with Huard.

Back
Top Bottom