OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I have this theory that the reporting around USC and Caleb has been strongly influenced by Lincoln trying to ban that kid reporter and starting to limit media acccess a little during practice.

I saw Pro Football Focus reporting the equity stakes thing too, when the simplest Google search would show that it’s illegal. I mentioned last week everything around the program feels like what happens when you have an embattled coach and people thought I was trolling or being dramatic. It’s been a weird season.

Last edited:
Hell, there was some chatter that those Canes could beat the Cincinnati Bengals.
Anytime there's a dominant college team some so-called expert always tries to create this narrative. Fact is even terrible teams like those Browns or Lions squads in the last 20 years would steamroll the best college teams like a Georgia or Alabama. Talent gap is still huge and even a team with 10+ NFL ready guys still don't have years of experience in the league. Plus several of those NFL ready guys won't pan out for a reason whether it's mental, laziness or game just doesn't transfer to the pros.

Anytime there's a dominant college team some so-called expert always tries to create this narrative. Fact is even terrible teams like those Browns or Lions squads in the last 20 years would steamroll the best college teams like a Georgia or Alabama. Talent gap is still huge and even a team with 10+ NFL ready guys still don't have years of experience in the league. Plus several of those NFL ready guys won't pan out for a reason whether it's mental, laziness or game just doesn't transfer to the pros.
Oh I know. It would never happen. But I’m hindsight if you gave those same Canes another 4-5 years they probably would. Look who they turned out to be :lol:

IMG_0681.jpeg
IMG_0680.jpeg

There is nothing wrong with losing to Georgia in 2021, Georgia simply had a better roster. I consider it a knock on John harbaugh because the game wasn't competitive, it was basically over at halftime. Nothing wrong with losing to a better team but there is something wrong with getting dismantled.

Losing to TCU is inexcusable and the worst loss of the CFP era IMO. Yes, there have been many bigger blowouts over the last nine seasons but when you consider just how much better Michigan was than TCU it really is mind-boggling the game was even close, much less Michigan losing.

Michigan probably wasn't going to beat TCU by 58 like Georgia did but if they were prepared and executed well they easily when that game by double digits.

No idea if its true but I heard there is not even an NCAA violation associated with this... And Michigan is the only University that still thinks the NCAA has power so Im sure AD Manuel will give them whatever they want

Smart of Georgia. And shows how serious they are. Get politicians involved with recruiting.

But, alas...

Back
Top Bottom