OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who is in their feelings? It’s a message board where we talk about meaningless **** all day. The results of Bama and UGA are the results. Who is arguing with that? :lol: You’re not making any actual good point here but whining about our complaints about the loser teams that free ride on the SEC brand yearly.
What exactly are the “free ride” SEC teams benefiting from? Are you that broke that you want a free PS5 or a box of Cheez-Itz that bad? Do you want a free bite off the Pop Tart mascot? Just let me know what #21 Tennessee is getting that you’re not, and I’ll send it to you.

Who said anything about Alabama and Georgia? The other bum *** schools are the ones benefiting. The TV and streaming deals care about eyeballs, correct. I think you’re kinda proving my point here unintentionally.
What other bum teams are you talking about in the SEC out side of Bama and UGA

LSU, Ol Miss, and Missouri are still legit teams.

Are y’all still questioning why Lincoln banned this clown? Why is he cold calling players parents to ask if their kids will enter the portal and transfer? Makai is a true freshman.

I don’t think any of us were thinking about this tbh :lol:

What exactly are the “free ride” SEC teams benefiting from? Are you that broke that you want a free PS5 or a box of Cheez-Itz that bad? Do you want a free bite off the Pop Tart mascot? Just let me know what #21 Tennessee is getting that you’re not, and I’ll send it to you.
Peak weirdo behavior right now. Step away from the key board. Not going to entertain corny personal stuff over CFB takes.

I’m being facetious but none of those teams live up to the “SEC SEC” hype. LSU just got their stitches taken out from what FSU did to them in Week 1.

The MIDDLE of the B1G though! Nobody wants to see Purdue or Indiana week in and out!

The only difference between A&M and Purdue/Indiana is A&M will be ranked after playing 3 cupcakes :lol: I don’t know about you but I love seeing Texas A&M start off by playing an FCS team and then 2 more G5 teams so we see them ranked in the top 15 before the wheels inevitably fall off by October. Rinse, wash, repeat

I understand being the Iowa of the SEC got you upset but take a breather fam

Last edited:

My brother suberzat1 suberzat1 . I’m not part of this discussion but just to play devils advocate, let’s use our teams as an example:

LSU has may be the worst defense in the country and are carried by their offense and Heisman QB. They’ve escaped games vs multiple inferior opponents because their QB performed magic.

But you notice the discussion about LSU is very different than the discussion about USC despite them being very similar this year. And before you say it’s because LSU only has 3 losses, the same was true last year when USC was 11-1 and the defense sucked.

An SEC team loses to a lesser opponent in a bowl and “they didn’t care about the game.” A sec team loses to a lesser opponent in the season and “it’s a loss vs another good sec team.”

Again, I don’t care that much about this narrative but we’re being intentionally naive if we pretend it doesn’t play into how seeding is decided, how awards are doled out, and just on a practical day to day level how games end up on tv which affects my afternoon.

And to counter the “it’ll all play out in the end argument,” Alabama getting in over a more deserving P5 because ‘Alabama will be the better team’ (despite struggling to block USF and needing a Hail Mary and idiocy to beat a **** Auburn team who lost to New Mexico State) is evidence that it doesn't always play out fairly.

But again I don’t have a dog in this fight.

Are y’all still questioning why Lincoln banned this clown? Why is he cold calling players parents to ask if their kids will enter the portal and transfer? Makai is a true freshman.

Assuming the reporter has heard something about the player's future, I think it's appropriate for the reporter to contact his parents to get a status update.

Assuming the reporter has heard something about the player's future, I think it's appropriate for the reporter to contact his parents to get a status update.
Nah. He saw a message board thread speculating about it because of social media activity and then called the players parent.

He has a history of cold calling players parents without the players knowing, asking them personal questions, and unethically tweeting out off the record convos.

For example the typical reporter will say: “a source told me that…” This douche will say “I asked the players father Michael if it makes them angry he hasn’t been playing lately. He didn’t say no.” The player then reads that and gets upset.

My brother suberzat1 suberzat1 . I’m not part of this discussion but just to play devils advocate, let’s use our teams as an example:

LSU has may be the worst defense in the country and are carried by their offense and Heisman QB. They’ve escaped games vs multiple inferior opponents because their QB performed magic.

But you notice the discussion about LSU is very different than the discussion about USC despite them being very similar this year. And before you say it’s because LSU only has 3 losses, the same was true last year when USC was 11-1 and the defense sucked.

An SEC team loses to a lesser opponent in a bowl and “they didn’t care about the game.” A sec team loses to a lesser opponent in the season and “it’s a loss vs another good sec team.”

Again, I don’t care that much about this narrative but we’re being intentionally naive if we pretend it doesn’t play into how seeding is decided, how awards are doled out, and just on a practical day to day level how games end up on tv which affects my afternoon.

And to counter the “it’ll all play out in the end argument,” Alabama getting in over a more deserving P5 because ‘Alabama will be the better team’ (despite struggling to block USF and needing a Hail Mary and idiocy to beat a **** Auburn team who lost to New Mexico State) is evidence that it doesn't always play out fairly.

But again I don’t have a dog in this fight.

Sure you don't. Can't wait for the B1G propaganda next season.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne this kid beefed with his coaches, posted they should ask be fired for sucking, and got kicked off his HS team a couple of games in. We processed him out after some other off field stuff.

Why are you taking his commitment? 😂

Not gonna lie. I thought this was a troll post and thought this was Druski for a minute

Staff was really high on him last time around and thought he was one of the most underrated kids in the country, even with the issues.

I’d still expect them to pick up either the Penn or the Harvard kid, so he’s a luxury at this point and not expected to play much for a while. If he’s works out great, if not it is what it is.
Ya’ll in it for Thor??? That would be awesome. Kid is a maniac. I hope he flourishes. He will no longer be the biggest kid in the room though.

A defensive player who said his coaches suck seems like a riskier proposition for usc.
Interesting.

You’d think a kid with a history of pillow talking and dry snitching about his coaches would be a non starter for someone with a rap sheet like Harbaugh’s.

But hey. Maybe he’s aiming for a whole 7 paid days off next year?

Ya’ll in it for Thor??? That would be awesome. Kid is a maniac. I hope he flourishes. He will no longer be the biggest kid in the room though.

Looks like he’s headed for Louisville, but I think they were interested but hadn’t offered yet.

They offered the kid from Penn as soon as he entered tho. They’re looking for a rotational guy since Graham and Grant are going to be eating the majority of the snaps next season.

Back
Top Bottom