OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"Well, he wanted to reinvent history a little bit and he kept going back to when Georgia Tech was relevant, this, that, and the other, and I was trying to think back to when they were better than when we were there, I gues maybe the 50s, but if you went back and looked, I kept looking for all the championships they had won and it was like... you know he just distorted everything when he got there.”

Paul, they won a national championship literally 34 years ago.

"Well, he wanted to reinvent history a little bit and he kept going back to when Georgia Tech was relevant, this, that, and the other, and I was trying to think back to when they were better than when we were there, I gues maybe the 50s, but if you went back and looked, I kept looking for all the championships they had won and it was like... you know he just distorted everything when he got there.”

Paul, they won a national championship literally 34 years ago.

:lol: I still get why he’s upset tho. The narrative around the Collins hire was that GT was a underachieving program that needed to play into Atlanta to “modernize”, but as we’ve seen with a job like UCLA, I think GT is one of those jobs that looks great on paper but in actuality in anything but.

Welp, NCAA taking L after L these days

You love to see it

This might be law nerding here, but the athletic article is misleading and even wrong.

Pay for play is still illegal under the Supreme Court ruling and this TRO doesn’t suddenly allow it.

The TRO was sought to prevent limiting a prospects ability to negotiate NIL deals with third parties. Isn’t the NCAA’s allegation against Tennessee that the third party collective was essentially an arm of the university and was executing deals with high school players in exchange for a guarantee of enrollment at their school? I mentioned this before but Tennessee is going to have to open their books to show the level of disconnect between this collective and the academic institution. Are they sure this is the fight they want? If I’m the ncaa I call their bluff. I’m sure the threat on the other end is if Tennessee goes down they take many other big schools down with them, but that’s on Greg Sanky to shut them up.

Yeah Georgia (Atlanta area?) 7 on squad.

**** is lame. “Let’s go to Cam’s event and fight him while yelling out our team name!”

Wait those were the coaches, as in grown men he was fighting and rag dolling??

1708976731634.png

Last edited:
No thanks.

I remember when that page swore Marv Jr was leaving and about the AZ kids leaving after their coach did :lol:

1. Ugh, Greg Swaim. Man just throws **** at the wall then claims he's right.
2. I guess at least TAMU has a large alum base and is in a top 5 market (Houston)? So interest and making them full partners where as Oregon and UW get about half makes sense.
3. Ugh. Greg Swaim.

Greg Swaim been wrong for years :lol:. He’s also saying that the conferences are done and there’s a NFL style 64 team division coming. So which is it?

I think only school that would ever leave the SEC for the B1G is Mizzou.

They were an option back when the B1G got Nebraska right? I thought I read Mizzou wanted to join but the B1G essentially took Nebraska over them. I wonder if the B1G would take them now if it became an option

Back
Top Bottom