OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gattis sucks but these loser Michigan fans that jump on twitter to harrass him because Xavier worthy runs 4.2 at the combine? Quit drinking and go to bed.

Yeah I don’t get that. Sure it would have been a nice addition for you guys, but you’re a run dominant team so it wouldn’t have made a huge difference.

Not to mention Michigan won the title anyway so who cares?

Fair.

Could you list the receivers you're thinking of from each school?

Recently?

LSU (Jefferson & Chase)

Bama (Smith, Waddell, Cooper)

Ohio State (Olave, Wilson, Smith-Njigba)

Clemson (Higgins, Hopkins, Williams)

USC (Amon, Pittman, London, does USC get credit for 1 year Addison?)

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the convo. LSU because of Chase and OBJ at the NFL level?

Or are we talking about what they did in college.

LSU doesn’t put a ton in there but when they do they are pretty good so that’s why I have them up there

Recently?

LSU (Jefferson & Chase)

Bama (Smith, Waddell, Cooper)

Ohio State (Olave, Wilson, Smith-Njigba)

Clemson (Higgins, Hopkins, Williams)

USC (Amon, Pittman, London, does USC get credit for 1 year Addison?)
Amari Cooper was drafted in 2015. Deandre Hopkins was drafted in 2013.

Why are you starting in 2020 for LSU, Ohio, and USC?

Amari Cooper was drafted in 2015. Deandre Hopkins was drafted in 2013.

Why are you starting in 2020 for LSU, Ohio, and USC?

That was somewhat off the top of my head while at work, I’ll sit and actually look here in a bit. What’s your list for rankings/players?

Last edited:
That was somewhat off the top of my head while at work, I’ll sit and actually look here in a bit. What’s your list for rankings/players?
Just from that list (naming guys with some combination of exceptional college and pro careers):

1. Ohio State (Santonio Holmes, Ted Ginn, Mike Thomas, Curtis Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, JSN, MHJ)

2. USC (Keary Colbert, Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Robert Woods, Marqise Lee, Nelson Agholor, JuJu, Michael Pittman, ARSB, Drake, Addison, Tajh Washington)

3. Alabama (Julio, Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Devante Smith, Jameson Williams, John Metchie, Henry Ruggs)

4. LSU (Mike Clayton, Dwayne Bowe, OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase)

Last edited:
Just from that list:

1. Ohio State
2. USC
3. Alabama
4. LSU

Can’t argue that. I think you could almost put them in any order really. Did you base yours off sheer numbers in the league or how they do in the league? Could do both I guess. I think production in the league is why so many have LSU at the top

Can’t argue that. I think you could almost put them in any order really. Did you base yours off sheer numbers in the league or how they do in the league? Could do both I guess. I think production in the league is why so many have LSU at the top
Edited and added names

I didn't use a hard metric tbh. Just, was this person really good in college and/or were they at least good to decent in the NFL. I thought about not naming dwayne jarrett or henry ruggs because they were huge NFL busts but ended up weighting college production more.

Going off production in the league, LSU has 3 elite guys, but where I struggle with that is they're all recent and two of them are basically from the 17-18 college recruiting classes. Alabama has the same problem with all of their notable players coming from 2017-2018 classes.

While schools like Ohio State, USC, and Miami have been doing it for decades.

Last edited:

Been higher on JJ than most but damn his team have really been earning their cheque this pre-draft season :lol:

Flipside of that point, imagine Daniels playing behind that OLine,those RB's with that defense...

Been higher on JJ than most but damn his team have really been earning their cheque this pre-draft season :lol:

Flipside of that point, imagine Daniels playing behind that OLine,those RB's with that defense...

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 6.53.11 PM.png

Louis Riddick said at the combine he’s hearing top 5 hype with JJ which seems ridiculous to me even as a Michigan fan, but I don’t think JJ > Daniels as a prospect is a crazy take.

Daniels is two years older and there should be serious question marks about his ability to hold up physically at the next level with his playing style.

Personally I’m not a huge fan of either and would have Penix as my QB3.

Back
Top Bottom