OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tanking the szn and skipping the CFP to go to the

GTY-1891471667-1-e1703865207660.jpg

Last edited:
Sucks for the kid. Super talented young player with a bright future. The one good thing about this is that they caught the heart issue forgot worse.

He aint lying. It is true. The majority of players in this era know what they are worth and will go out and find it. It is pretty simple: either you adapt or you are going to get left behind. Either thing will progress as they are, or better guardrails need to be put in place.

The sooner that coaches, administrators, and ultimately the NCAA stop trying to push this student athlete narrative, the better off everyone will be.

Blaming NIL for players being less developed is a pretty asinine comment to make considering NIL is still in its youth. Seems that would say more about coaches than anything.

I think it’s a motivator for players to do even better and try to get more $$$

Blaming NIL for players being less developed is a pretty asinine comment to make considering NIL is still in its youth. Seems that would say more about coaches than anything.

I think it’s a motivator for players to do even better and try to get more $$$

And majority of the youth are entitled nowadays. Athletes and non athletes. The entitlement stance is a cop out by these dudes

… and let’s not forget the fact that they barely even practice in the NFL anymore as well. Dudes are in shirts and shells the majority of the time. Not to mention the NFL and college game being more the pass and finesse playing styles anyway

This stuff writes itself :lol:
It's like an SNL skit, and I can never figure out if these coaches (and politicians!) are in on the bit or if they actually really believe this stuff. We get the goalposts moved every year with this. When does it end?

"We CANNOT go to a playoff, it will ruin the sport, the regular season won't matter, and the bowl representatives who pay us under the table are going to be mad."
"We cannot start to let players get paid, it will ruin amateurism, this isn't the NFL! The sport will be less popular."
"We can't let players have the freedom to transfer to a different school. I know regular students get to, and us coaches get to, but you cannot let these players it will ruin my record and the sport will be less popular!"
"We cannot have top talent asking about money terms before they get on campus, I have to get out of this! Even my wife said so from our private plane this morning!"
"Oh BTW - me and TEEEED CRUZ say you cannot make players employees! You can't! That means we will have to follow laws, give them more of a collective say, and also monitor their healthcare even more! Our other sports are going to be folded now! And what about my 117 staff members for my football team all making over 6 figures, what do we tell them!!!!!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom