OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For what it’s worth, I don’t think Dabo and Clemson would be the 7th best team in the SEC.

Yeah, I was kind of kidding but Clemson will take a step back in the natural pecking order when they head to the SEC. Keep in mind that they went 8-4 in a week ACC last year. Here are the programs who I think in a normal year will be better than Clemson on a year in and year out basis:

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma

Then you have the group of:

Tennessee
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Auburn.

Personally, I think Clemson will be closer to the second group than the first group IMO. I don't think Clemson would be bad in the SEC but a lot of their success in the past was having two generational quarterbacks and playing in a weaker conference.

Yeah, I was kind of kidding but Clemson will take a step back in the natural pecking order when they head to the SEC. Keep in mind that they went 8-4 in a week ACC last year. Here are the programs who I think in a normal year will be better than Clemson on a year in and year out basis:

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. LSU
4. Texas
5. Oklahoma

Then you have the group of:

Tennessee
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Auburn.

Personally, I think Clemson will be closer to the second group than the first group IMO. I don't think Clemson would be bad in the SEC but a lot of their success in the past was having two generational quarterbacks and playing in a weaker conference.
Without even picking this argument apart, flat out saying that Oklahoma will be better than Clemson on a yearly basis is a pretty hilarious assertion based on what we’ve seen the last 10 years at each program.

Clemson will be more than fine in the SEC and it seems like some SEC bias to assume that they’ll only struggle from being in the SEC and won’t benefit recruiting wise either. Especially when most people think that Oklahoma themselves won’t even be in the top group of SEC teams.

Apparently he was on a spring break trip with old Bama teammates and they convinced him to come back. I’ve read Downs was there too so now rumors swirling about him

Won’t they both have to sit out a year if they go back?
You know they aren’t making those boys sit :lol:

If Proctor goes back to Bama, mark my words, this will be the straw that breaks NIL as we know it

Those boosters are get their money back in blood going forward :rofl:

Just give them 2-3 year deals that way programs can still try to build something, these dudes can try to grow some of that hometown love and be local college heros, maybe true rivalries could still exist

I ultimately do think they will make some type of deterrent rule. They will make a rule where you get one free transfer, can transfer if your coach leaves or gets fired, or if you are a grad student. Any other year other than those, you sit a year.

If Proctor goes back to Bama, mark my words, this will be the straw that breaks NIL as we know it

Those boosters are get their money back in blood going forward :rofl:
Can’t induce to play at a particular school. Maybe after the nonsense that is this portal season boosters will realize how dumb they look giving 6 figures to kids who are even more whimsical than they are.

Big names going to big name schools? Hell nah they won’t sit. Now is Proctor was some random 3 star transferring back to Texas Tech or somewhere like that, they’d be trying their damndest to make sure he had to sit

I ultimately do think they will make some type of deterrent rule. They will make a rule where you get one free transfer, can transfer if your coach leaves or gets fired, or if you are a grad student. Any other year other than those, you sit a year.
That’s already the rule :lol:

Iowa said they aren’t playing Caitlin Clark, now they haven’t paid Kadyn Proctor.

Who exactly ARE they paying?

Back
Top Bottom