OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup underway

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, one player can't fix the other 10. He needs atleast 6 of HIS players in the lineup. And we're talking about United here. The players mentals are shattered, so he may need a full 11.

that's why letting rangnick go as sporting director or whatever FO position he wanted was dumb. he said they needed at least 10 new players and wanted to clean house but the glazers weren't trying to spend all that bread

The possibility of having Ragnick upstairs was the biggest thing I was looking forward to because he knows how to build up a team competently so even though he was an awful manager, I still was looking forward to him having a say in the decision making.

He laid out precisely and minced zero words about what was needed at the club to stop the bleeding yet what do the geniuses at the club do? Completely get rid of him entirely and promote the cronies from within, the same guys who were working under ****ing Woodward for years expecting them to do a job :stoneface:

Ralf was pushing to hire other smart and competent people from elsewhere in Europe too and they did the opposite.

It's why you can't help get the feeling the new manager's been set up to fail. Even though the signings have been his, it's because he doesn't trust any of the scouting at the club and for good reason and he doesn't have anyone else with expertise working with him on the recruitment front. He had a good partnership with Overmars. He has nothing like that at United.

No modern club leaves the recruitment entirely on the managers shoulders yet here we are...even Fergie worked with David Gill.

Just a shame everything wrong right now is stuff we knew about months ago yet all that's genuinely changed is the manager, nothing else to address the structural problems at the club and instead it's all gone backwards since Ralf was supposed to move upstairs to help with that sort of thing after his interim stint last season but they scrapped it entirely.

Knew it was gonna be a long season before it started but it's more gutting right now knowing the people in charge won't ever learn the proper lessons and stay reactive, waiting until full blown crisises to act rather than being proactive.

Scary hours out here :smh:

supposedly ETH was one of the most vocal about not keeping rangnick on also which is disappointing. they said he refused to even meet with him and wanted to handle the scouting and signings this summer himself. dude was a little too confident not realizing how much ajax provided for him in resources. big blunder on his part imo

I will say this.. when The glazers finally sell and we get competent owners in.. I’m gonna be a nuisance in here.

The possibility of having Ragnick upstairs was the biggest thing I was looking forward to because he knows how to build up a team competently so even though he was an awful manager, I still was looking forward to him having a say in the decision making.

He laid out precisely and minced zero words about what was needed at the club to stop the bleeding yet what do the geniuses at the club do? Completely get rid of him entirely and promote the cronies from within, the same guys who were working under ****ing Woodward for years expecting them to do a job :stoneface:

Ralf was pushing to hire other smart and competent people from elsewhere in Europe too and they did the opposite.

It's why you can't help get the feeling the new manager's been set up to fail. Even though the signings have been his, it's because he doesn't trust any of the scouting at the club and for good reason and he doesn't have anyone else with expertise working with him on the recruitment front. He had a good partnership with Overmars. He has nothing like that at United.

No modern club leaves the recruitment entirely on the managers shoulders yet here we are...even Fergie worked with David Gill.

Just a shame everything wrong right now is stuff we knew about months ago yet all that's genuinely changed is the manager, nothing else to address the structural problems at the club and instead it's all gone backwards since Ralf was supposed to move upstairs to help with that sort of thing after his interim stint last season but they scrapped it entirely.

Knew it was gonna be a long season before it started but it's more gutting right now knowing the people in charge won't ever learn the proper lessons and stay reactive, waiting until full blown crisises to act rather than being proactive.

Scary hours out here :smh:

Went from possibly having Rangnick, Mitchell and ten Hag at the club at the same time to just ten Hag :smh:

Scouting department shambles after Lawlor and Bout left two months before the transfer window started. It was always going to be a tough job for ten Hag but they are not doing this man any favors.

United appointed a sporting director who’s first act was to hire a 2nd because the job was bigger than he expected.. think about that!!!

I will say this.. when The glazers finally sell and we get competent owners in.. I’m gonna be a nuisance in here.
There's a growing movement to force a sale and trying to entice buyers to join that Knighton consortium. Fans are planning to boycott all Glazer related business interests and have already started review bombing their other ventures :lol:

The fact that the pundits on TV have actually been asking questions about and discussing the ownership more than ever recently is a reflection of the momentum towards forcing them out.

Still feel it's highly unlikely they'll sell soon but there's definitely gonna be mounting pressure and if a group comes along with realistic money, it might be worth their while quitting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dutch players and coaches are overrated. It's not the 90s any more. The game has evolved

1660414709554.gif

Back
Top Bottom