OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn nobody gonna mark the greatest player of all time
IMG_1248.png

Benfica??

No way he's taking that step back at this stage of his career

Think he'll wind up back in London, whether at Arsenal/Spurs who both are gonna need a forward
That's his level right now,

Spurs really gonna play a front of the Son, Richarlison & Felix?

Arsenal have Balogun who they priced out of a move

I don't think Spurs are gonna too many options if Kane ends up leaving :lol:, market's drying up.

Felix, Son and Kulusevski isn't terrible. They could even have him as a second striker behind Richarlison.

By most accounts it looks like Balogun is down on the pecking order for Arteta so if they can get decent money for him, he's probably gone.

Just hard to imagine Félix already back in Portugal at this stage of his career no matter how low his stock is rn.

If it's a transfer, nobody is keeping him at his current wages, if it's a loan, Atleti will pay part of it

Unless if it's Saudi Arabia

Bro he’s not going to Portugal man. Not a chance.

Atletico are still trying to recoup some of their money back.

They would receive absolutely nothing from Benfica. And Felix wouldn’t go anyway.

Spurs could just buy Vlahovic instead

Nobody is paying that price tag Arsenal have put on Balogun

There's gonna be a lot of compromising for any of these moves

Arsenal need to make the right move. And get Felix.

There’s only been two teams that have been perfect for Felix since he’s such a luxury player.

Arsenal is one. Gaby will not hold up.

The striker transfer dominos are seemingly starting to fall now

Højlund -> United
Ramos -> P$G
Kolo - Muani -> P$G?
Kane -> Bayern?
Mbappe -> RM?
Vlahovic -> Chelsea?
Lukaku -> Juve?

What happens with Felix?

They've fully ostracized him at Atleti apparently

Should have never gone to Atleti. No one is really keen on him. Are his wages a problem at all? I think West Ham or another mid level PL club were interested in him but he wanted to hold out for a bigger club. Played himself.
Maybe Arsenal?

I know there were talks that they were interested in January before he went to Chelsea.

If Jesus is injured again, might be a good idea to kick those tires again especially with Balogun not looking like he's in Artetas plans

I think we fully moved on from him. Not sure how long Jesus is gonna be out for. But it’s a problem. Injuries are a problem and the current solution is to put Trossard there. That’s not gonna win you a title. Aside from that We’re stuck with Eddie and Balogun who is also injured atm will be sold. I don’t think this changes this for Arteta

It’s kind of ****ed up. I get valuing Balogun at the price point that they did. But no one is really trying to pay that despite clubs being interested. Should have taken the 40 Inter was offering. At least entertained it and negotiated

Also I think arsenal has reached to the part of their budget where they to sell first to buy

If Spurs want to replace one of the best strikers in the past decade with Joao Felix have at it.

I see

I see

I see

THE MLS in his future.

San Antonio is calling.
Okay first off, San Antonio doesn't have an MLS team so you're banishing him straight to the USL.

Second, the MLS transfer window closes today so he won't even get into the MLS this year.

It's ADO Den Haag or nothin.

Also I think arsenal has reached to the part of their budget where they to sell first to buy

If Spurs want to replace one of the best strikers in the past decade with Joao Felix have at it.
This is Spurs we're talking about :lol:

Do you remember who they replaced one of the best players in the PL in Bale with?

Okay first off, San Antonio doesn't have an MLS team so you're banishing him straight to the USL.

Second, the MLS transfer window closes today so he won't even get into the MLS this year.

It's ADO Den Haag or nothin.

Then he’s really finished then.

We spent about €230m and sold only two players for about €20mil. Def gotta start off loading players. There’s 1 or 2 players that could be sold for good money.

Sterling had himself another stinker tonight, there is no way Poch can start him against Liverpool in a few weeks

Then he’s really finished then.

Because he couldn't cut it at Barcelona? They haven't had any kind of success with a RB in almost a decade now.

A generational talent in Dani Alves was the last player to be deemed adequate at the position.

I think he'll find his level fairly easily, something like mid table Bundesliga or La Liga. In the long run Dest will be fine.

In the short term, he's due $6M per year for the next two seasons. No mid table club can afford that.

FCB did this to themselves. Paid him like a top 5 RB in the world at an unproven age, then proceeded to freeze him out when there was a managerial change.

It will not shock me if Inter Fort Lauderdale sneaks into the playoffs. They can win 12 straight :lol:

Back
Top Bottom