OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because he couldn't cut it at Barcelona? They haven't had any kind of success with a RB in almost a decade now.

A generational talent in Dani Alves was the last player to be deemed adequate at the position.

I think he'll find his level fairly easily, something like mid table Bundesliga or La Liga. In the long run Dest will be fine.

In the short term, he's due $6M per year for the next two seasons. No mid table club can afford that.

FCB did this to themselves. Paid him like a top 5 RB in the world at an unproven age, then proceeded to freeze him out when there was a managerial change.
lol at shifting the blame to barca because dest sucks
sergi roberto is better than dest fam. right now. in 2023. let that sink in.

is barca to blame that he couldn’t get off the bench in milan too?

lol at shifting the blame to barca because dest sucks
sergi roberto is better than dest fam. right now. in 2023. let that sink in.

is barca to blame that he couldn’t get off the bench in milan too?

Bro, I'm a Barca fan, but I don't feel any need shift or shield them from blame when it's due.

The original question was whether or not Dest is done, or should be playing in the USL, which is ****ing stupid. :lol:

Like I said, Dest wasn't good enough for Barcelona. A failed mid season loan at AC Milan is an entirely different context, but obviously for that time, he wasn't good enough then either.

Like I also said, I'd be shocked if he doesn't eventually find his level. And I'd bet you it's a mid table club in Europe, and not in MLS or USL.

The contract situation is an entirely different discussion point. It was a stupid contract and a stupid piece of business.

You were literally just *****ing a post or two ago about Koeman signing Dest!

Bro, I'm a Barca fan, but I don't feel any need shift or shield them from blame when it's due.

The original question was whether or not Dest is done, or should be playing in the USL, which is ****ing stupid. :lol:

Like I said, Dest wasn't good enough for Barcelona. A failed mid season loan at AC Milan is an entirely different context, but obviously for that time, he wasn't good enough then either.

Like I also said, I'd be shocked if he doesn't eventually find his level. And I'd bet you it's a mid table club in Europe, and not in MLS or USL.

The contract situation is an entirely different discussion point. It was a stupid contract and a stupid piece of business.

You were literally just *****ing a post or two ago about Koeman signing Dest!
you are shifting the blame on the club for giving him a chance. his level isn’t even mid table.
it’s the mls

name a mid table club you see dest being a factor in

you are shifting the blame on the club for giving him a chance. his level isn’t even mid table.
it’s the mls

name a mid table club you see dest being a factor in

My guy are you drunk tonight?

I'm criticizing the club for paying Dest the amount of money that they did.

How about you name a RB in Dest's wage bracket.

I don't know what Dest did to either you or Coupé It Coupé It .

Since when is mentioning Barcelona's ongoing financial mismanagement grounds for indignation? :lol:

edit:

I take it back. This is probably at the root of your personal issue. :lol:

1691035118142.png

It has been downhill for Dest ever since he wore the full bball kit at Messi's farewell

Last edited:
Apparently that was LigaMX's decision. The MLS was open to traveling south. Hopefully next year we get away games.
LigaMX really didn’t take it serious this year. Maybe having a new FMF head + the benefit of Messi will change that

Since when is mentioning Barcelona's ongoing financial mismanagement grounds for indignation? :lol:

edit:

1691035118142.png

Bro I don’t care about Dest. If he was nice then so be it. I’d love to have him if he was.

But he didn’t cut it at Milan either. You can’t put the blame all on Barça when he’s clearly had other opportunities.

He’s just not good/talented enough. So we’ll see him in the MLS soon. It is what it is.

Bro I don’t care about Dest. If he was nice then so be it. I’d love to have him if he was.

But he didn’t cut it at Milan either. You can’t put the blame all on Barça when he’s clearly had other opportunities.

He’s just not good/talented enough. So we’ll see him in the MLS soon. It is what it is.

I'm fully expecting a disingenuous discussion here, but no ones putting blame on Barcelona for Dest's performance or on field contributions.

How does the club not deserve blame for entering into a really bad contract?

Again, why are we acting like calling out FCB leadership for patterns of gross financial mismanagement isn't warranted exactly?

Evaluating Dest's on field performance is a separate thing.

But on that note, if you're so confident he's an MLS level player, let's bet on it. 👀

having cancelo would be huge as his ability to cover both the left and right side
gives xavi lots of flexibility to exploit the opposition and be able to rotate balde out without such a dropoff in talent that alonso presents.
also gives kounde the ability to be at his more natural position in CB. his experience will be welcomed on the really big matches where young players seem to come back down to earth against world class opposition. i could see cancelo taking the LB spot on big nights wih christensen araujo and kounde as the rest of the back line.

But i just don't see how it works economically especially with barca seeking another signing as well. hopefully city ease up on negotiations.

edit:

1691035118142.png
it just feels weird to put blame on barca for giving him a good contract and an opportunity to become a good player.
it's not like he wasn't seen as a work in progress or the pressure was too great. he had the best opportunity to thrive. all he had to do was be better than sergi roberto. that's it. sergi roberto.

there are zero american players i feel belong at a top club. pulisic sucks too.

i really don't even know what he was mad about
it was more of a personal thing between the 2 dm's from south america who were marking him. but it felt like when you are bored in a game so you have to talk **** to get your self motivated

madrid really need touchameni. it’s odd though how he just doesn’t look comfortable even with all the world class midfielders around him

i expected him to take off more than camavinga

Back
Top Bottom