OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs play some beautiful fool ball. Genuinely feel like they have a better shot at winning the league than Arsenal did last year, even if that’s slightly cause City feels a little less inevitable so far this year to me.

Obviously helps to only play once a week, but they’re playing such confident cool ball right now.

What the hell does Joao know about buffalo,NY :lol:

Screenshot_20231027-175501_Instagram~2.jpg

Haven’t seen that vid but before I watch:

Mousa Dembélé is one of the most underrated talents ever. He was nearing the end of his prime when I started watching football and picked Spurs as my team though, so I didn’t get to see all his best years.
I commemorated choosing Spurs as my club by getting an official framed Spurs kit signed by everyone, including Kyle Walker actually.

I love a DM/B2B midfielder bullying the opposition physically through sheer strength and anticipation but he could also be silky smooth on the ball. He was extremely good at getting out of pressure, both through pure physical dominance and absolute world class ball control and dribbling.
Everyone knew his weak foot was so godawful that he avoided using it at all, yet they still couldn’t take the ball off him despite that knowledge.

It’s a shame he never really got the plaudits he deserves, other than from his teammates and opponents.
As you probably know, each and every single Spurs player named Mousa Dembélé as the best player in the team, without hesitation. For a squad with Kane and Son, that’s crazy high praise.

What non-Belgians might be less likely to know is that to some degree this was also the case in Belgium’s national team when asked to name the best player on the team. Most picked De Bruyne or Hazard but De Bruyne himself said Dembélé was easily the best in the squad (including himself) and that in his view, there was no debate.

I think the main reason he’s so underrated is because he wasn’t particularly flashy and he lacked that world class final third passing and goalscoring ability that would propel him into a true superstar. And the injuries obviously.

Last edited:
Early morning start against Brentford.

Madueke finally get a start. No Mudryk or Enzo. Badiashile on the bench after a long absence.

Back
Top Bottom