OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
obviously never happening here either but this front 4 would be OD

mbappe kane sane

musiala

Now seeing this in text, Bayern looks like the best spot for him.
Of course, never happening but I can't think of another team that could give him exactly what he wants by slotting him in the wide position with a 9 dynamic enough to drop back.

Now seeing this in text, Bayern looks like the best spot for him.
Of course, never happening but I can't think of another team that could give him exactly what he wants by slotting him in the wide position with a 9 dynamic enough to drop back.

yeah fit wise he's exactly what we need. a goal scoring LW who also has a partner on the other side just as dynamic and a 9 with killer instinct. too bad we'll never get to see it play out

Leão to Bayern would be perfect too.

But these guys don’t want to go there which forces Bayern to recruit within their own borders.

Me? I would go to Bayern anyday.

Glad to see Kane flourishing at Bayern and has fully established himself as one of the best strikers of this era.

I feel like he’s been somewhat underrated throughout his career, as evidenced by how surprised a lot of Bundesliga viewers have been.

So Rodrygo was straightening his hair like vini used to. Had him looking Bangladeshi :lol:

Screenshot_20231111-223549_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20231111-223205_Instagram~2.jpg

jape jape

As I said earlier, I 100% agree Messi is the goat and I don’t think that’s debatable. I don’t think that was debatable even before carrying Argentina to a WC win.

However I still don’t know what’s wrong about me calling him one of the laziest players (by athlete standards) to ever grace the pitch.

Additionally I said his work ethic on the pitch is not something anyone should look up to as a role model.
The following are stats from the ‘17-18 CL but nothing has fundamentally changed in that aspect. Anyone with eyes has observed this throughout his career.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/messi-walks-better-than-most-players-run/amp/

IMG_5147.jpeg

The only reason this degree of non-effort works is precisely because he’s the goat.
He maximizes efficiency and goal contributions while simultaneously putting in as little physical effort as he can. Literally no one else can replicate this.

Let any other player in his position consistently cover the least distance on the pitch by a vast margin and they would rightfully get crucified as lazy.

To flatly deny his consistent lack of effort and write this aspect of his game off as ‘salty Messi hate’ is laughable, especially since I don’t disagree at all that he’s the uncontested goat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom