Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Screenshot 2023-11-16 22.29.50.png

just read about how the fight went...I would have been salty if it was a weekend and I tried to stay awake to watch like I was watching paint dry on a wall🧂

I didn't watch the fight last night but I heard it was bad. Really bad. Shakur ****ed up last night. If he thought he was avoided before then he hasn't seen anything yet.

Injury or not, bad performance against a low level unknown fighter

Ash shakur gunna be co-headlining weekday fights for a while.

And to think he’s still avoiding his real weight class 140-147

They have an offer from DAZN, but they want Al to trim that roster. Amazon only wants the PPV cards, the Netflix **** was a smokescreen to get a better deal from Amazon.

Idk where all this confidence that he’s going to find a suitor for those mid level cards comes from because he’s burned a lot of bridges

Admittedly haven't watched many Shakur fights but wth was that on Thursday?? About the most boring win you'll see at a high level. I mean Los Santos wasn't bringing it but yikes that fight was trash.

They have an offer from DAZN, but they want Al to trim that roster. Amazon only wants the PPV cards, the Netflix **** was a smokescreen to get a better deal from Amazon.

Idk where all this confidence that he’s going to find a suitor for those mid level cards comes from because he’s burned a lot of bridges
All facts

Looks like the criticism is starting to get to Shakur a bit. Apparently he’s been tweeting & deleting a few things about his hand being injured.

He probably was, but he should’ve postponed the fight if that were the case. Thursday was a bad look.

I suspect he was on a mission to win the belt so that his name would become a bigger draw, thereby leading to bigger paydays, but I can’t see any huge fights being made with him at this point. The Tank fight is practically a wash now, which is what he’s been calling for even more as of lately since Devin decided to move up.

Shakur definitely talks to much. His talent is top 3 though IMO. You need to be aggressive inside that ring to make your point.

Nothing wrong with talking if you back it up. That applies to life in general.

Shakur has stated that he’s that guy in boxing. You can’t talk like that and have that type of performance. After he was announced as the winner in the ring, he said he wouldn’t make excuses. He’s been making excuses since that point.

When it comes to his next fight, not only does he have to win against a formidable opponent, he has to do so in grand/devastating fashion. When you have people winning belts like how Shakur and Rolly did this year, it lends to the idea that the belts don’t mean much in this current era.

Benavidez has been looking solid. Andrade looked a bit flatfooted in that fight back in January. Hopefully this one doesn’t disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom