Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

is it anyway the Cubs can still get Verlander if waived?

Yes. IF no one else claims him, and we do, we could work out a trade to absorb his contract. Not likely, but not impossible.

In 2014 we claimed Cole Hamels, but couldn't work a deal with Philly.

16-3 now

Happ HR
Rizzo 2 run HR
Lester, yes, Lester 2 run HR
Baez 3 run HR
Rizzo HR

Cubs have demolished the D-Backs pen to boot, also Cards and Pirates both lost.

Arrieta-Quintana the next two days.

:nthat:
We rolling.

Jake gotta start playing lights out if he wants that big contract. Still don't think it'll happen here, but if he's looking to cash out he's gotta bring it to his Cy days.

Not sure how I feel about this new layout....takes some getting used to.

For 14 years you blamed some poor fan for your incompetence. Did you ever stop and think about how poorly you choked in that game/series afterward?

Jake is in that contract mood...he's been pitching well...heck the entire pitching staff has been pitching well. no more 1st inning runs since the break.

and the bats are cookin too......

happenin just at the right time.

Score 16 last night, so naturally shut out tonight. :lol: :smh:

No hits from the 6th batter of the game.

3 of the first 6 get hits, then nothing for 7 innings. :stoneface:

Rough week. Contreras with 2 homers and 6 rbi and the pen can't hold the lead vs Goldschmit.

Next day Daniel Murphy kills us. :smh:

Verlander cleared waivers tho..... :nerd:

IMG_20170806_012312714.jpg

4-1 game, then CJ Edwards comes in and falls apart. Now 8-4 Nats. :stoneface:

Brutal, brutal call by Maddon going to CJ (who's been struggling) vs Rondon who has been rolling. Now gonna cost us this game, and series. :smh:

Horrible, horrible news with Contreras going down for 4-6 weeks with a hammy. :frown:

Tonight tho, Schwarber/Avila go back to back to pick us up.

Brewers are dead, but now suddenly that damn Cardinals are awake. :smh:

Need Lester/Arietta/Quintana/Hendricks to come up huge the next 4 games. Gotta have it, right now.

Another W!

Jake
6 IP
6 K
1 ER

Javy, Happ, and Bryant with HR's. :nthat:

P.S. CP Whats the deal with the avy fam? need to see Alba's best assets back in this thread.

:lol:

Well......another NTer threw a fit the other night, stole my avy, then got it banned from NT for good, then pointed his finger at me. So now I have no avy. Was quite the episode over the weekend. :smh:

Well.....Cincy in town, so of course, back to back homers for Bryzzo, 5 RBI for Rizzo, Jay has 3 hits, our relief pitcher (Montgomery) has a 2-run double, and it's 13-2 in the 8th. :lol:

Bent about losing the middle game 2-1 when we had MULTIPLE chances to win it, but if Lester can shut them down today, we can take 3 of 4 and that's fair enough.

Facing Feldman today, a historic former Cub, the guy Theo signed off the scrap heap and then flipped for Jake Arrieta and Pedro Strop.

So of course Lester comes out and gives up blooper, blooper, bleeder, blooper and it's 2-0 just like that. :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom