Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Bote's last two home runs, the game tying 2-run Homer in the 9th vs Arizona where Rizzo walked it off the next at bat.

And this walk off grand slam in the 9th vs the Nats.

Kid is clutch. :pimp:

3 games up vs Mil, two game set at home vs them Tue-Wed. Pen will be ready, need to take both and get some breathing room til Bryant/Darvish/Morrow return.

i wanted both game vs The Brewers but a split will do. Still up 3 games. i will be watching Cubs-Pirates game tonight on MLB Network. Looks like the Cubs traded for a Terrance Gore. This guy has speed. #Baserunner

Back to back 1-0 wins at Pitt. :pimp:

1-0 with a Happ solo homer
1-0 with a Schwarber solo homer

Lester and Hamels back to back gems. Hamels included SEVEN double plays in 9 innings, including the game ending DP. :lol: :pimp:

Season high 21 games over .500, 4.5 game lead with 41 games left, and we still get Bryant, Darvish, and Morrow back in the next couple weeks. :nerd:

Back to back 1-0 wins at Pitt. :pimp:

1-0 with a Happ solo homer
1-0 with a Schwarber solo homer

Lester and Hamels back to back gems. Hamels included SEVEN double plays in 9 innings, including the game ending DP. :lol: :pimp:

Season high 21 games over .500, 4.5 game lead with 41 games left, and we still get Bryant, Darvish, and Morrow back in the next couple weeks. :nerd:

Two straight losses to Pittsburgh. Offense scored 4 runs the entire series.

Darvish felt pain in his first rehab start and will be shut down the rest of the year.

Bryant and Morrow still not back yet.

We'll have to settle for still having the best record in the NL, I guess I'll live with that.

Cubs just added Daniel Murphy to the roster in a deal with the Nats. :wow:

His defense is terrible, but his bat could be huge at the bottom of the lineup or in pinch hit spots.

Lester
Hamels
Hendricks
Quintana
Montgomerey (Darvish :frown: )
Morrow
Strop
Edwards
Chavez
Kintzler
Duensing
Chatwood

Contreras
Rizzo
Baez
Russell
Bryant
Heyward
Almora
Schwarber
Zobrist
Murphy
Bote
Happ
Caratini

This is what I would guess would be the playoff roster. Meaning, I think La Stella would get left off. (Tho, I suppose they could leave Bote back in the minors and keep Stella, but I don't know how you could leave Bote off at this point, he plays better defense and currently hits better than Stella.)

I wish we could get Darvish back and bump Monty to the pen and knock Duensing off the roster. Would make us that much deeper.

Murphy in the starting lineup today, leading off. Russel's bum *** is riding the bench.

I like Addy but he just hasn't had it offensively all year. We don't lose much defensively with Javy at SS. Bote can play 3rd and 2nd which is big when KB gets back we can move him to 2nd. I think he's more solid defensively in that spot than Zo or Happ.

Addy ain't been the same since the scandal with his ex girl.
Wont give up on him yet.
Dude is always clutch come playoffs.

I know Wilson's people, we spoke yesterday, he's in his head right now and letting personal matters effect his on field play.

He'll bounce back hopefully he just needs to let it come naturally again, he's pressing.

I know Wilson's people, we spoke yesterday, he's in his head right now and letting personal matters effect his on field play.

He'll bounce back hopefully he just needs to let it come naturally again, he's pressing.

Personal? Don't tell me it's similar to what Russell had last year....

Personal? Don't tell me it's similar to what Russell had last year....

Not along the lines of a domestic. But Wilson is a dirty dog. I'll say that :lol:
He also turned down a contract this year presented to him by the Cubs, they all did actually. Baez. Wilson. KB. Not sure if he's regretting turning down the immediate money now in hopes that he can play his way into a bigger deal down the line. I 100% for a fact know he wan'ts Russell Martin money but he has to play like it.,

He comes from nothing and put's a lot of stress on his shoulders. How he is on the field with his emotions on his sleeve, he's the same off the field.

Not along the lines of a domestic. But Wilson is a dirty dog. I'll say that :lol:
He also turned down a contract this year presented to him by the Cubs, they all did actually. Baez. Wilson. KB. Not sure if he's regretting turning down the immediate money now in hopes that he can play his way into a bigger deal down the line. I 100% for a fact know he wan'ts Russell Martin money but he has to play like it.,

He comes from nothing and put's a lot of stress on his shoulders. How he is on the field with his emotions on his sleeve, he's the same off the field.

He did have that Mia Khalifia incident lol.

Yeah, I don't blame them. I expected them too. Why would they sign any deal now? Bet on themselves to cash out in a few more years.

Exactly.

There's also a rumbling, and like I said... My family know's these guys preeeeeetty, pretttttttty well.. and I've been around a few of these players a bunch and know a lot through them about the current Cubs players / lot of other current baseball players in the league... Who are the pot heads / Who is smashing who / Who likes to play with their nose etc.

But the rumbling is KB is not as much of a lock to stay on the Northside as people think, rumor is he might not re-sign when that time comes.

We'll see though. Cubs a couple years away from that.

^
Appreciate the insight.
Heard through the grapevine awhile ago about a couple of pitchers who are no longer with the team, that used to play the trumpet :lol:

Bote with 2 walkoffs in a week and a half. :lol: :pimp:

8/24/15 3B Bryant walk off homer vs team from Ohio
8/24/18 3B Bote walk off homer vs team from Ohio

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom