OFFICIAL 2024-2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD *LYIN' SZN IS HERE*

Who will win the 2024-2025 College Football Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
This is my first time really looking at how weak Ole Miss's schedule is. Similar to Missouri a lot of the hype around Ole Miss is based on the ease of their path more so than the quality of their team. If they drop two games (Georgia and LSU) there is a realistic chance that Ole Miss doesn't beat a single ranked team all season (Oklahoma is expected to win 7 or 8 games).

Ole Miss is taking the "Penn State of the SEC" title where they beat everyone they're supposed to but lose every big game. It's also pretty startling how different schedules for teams in the same conference can be. Florida is going to end up playing six ranked teams in conference an Ole Miss will only end up playing three.

You’re just saying what I said all last year but certain folks got upset about it. “BuT it’s oLe MiSs!”

Wake me up when Kiffen wins a meaningful game

You’re just saying what I said all last year but certain folks got upset about it. “BuT it’s oLe MiSs!”

Wake me up when Kiffen wins a meaningful game

Both things can be true at the same time. What Kiffin is doing at Ole Miss is incredible but he still struggles in big games against the teams with talent advantages.

Even getting Ole Miss to the level of "leading the teams you're supposed to"is impressive.

Last edited:
It is Saturday morning. That means CFB. Bring on hoodie szn, Fall weather and all the shenanigans that CFB is.

Personally - KU has never been in a better position to make a run. Something like 30 seniors with 17 being starters at the 3 levels. A weak schedule that now doesn’t include UT or OU. Keep the QB healthy and they could make a run.

Both things can be true at the same time. What Kiffin is doing at Ole Miss is incredible but he still struggles in big games against the teams with talent advantages.

Even getting Ole Miss to the level of "leading the teams you're supposed to"is impressive.

Eh I’m not sold on beating the likes of MTSU and the citadel every year and then cowering down to the big dogs of the SEC as impressive. If James Franklin only losing to Michigan and OSU every year makes him “meh” then that same energy needs to be kept for Kiffen

Eh I’m not sold on beating the likes of MTSU and the citadel every year and then cowering down to the big dogs of the SEC as impressive. If James Franklin only losing to Michigan and OSU every year makes him “meh” then that same energy needs to be kept for Kiffen

Come on now. Are you really going to compare Ole Miss as a program against Penn State?

1. Ole Miss can lose to Georgia and Alabama (two teams that everyone lose to) still go on to beat other ranked SEC teams. Penn State has a two-game schedule every year and loses to Ohio State and Michigan every year.

2. Ole Miss is still punching above their weight. They're playing a tougher conference then Penn State, they play more talented teams than Penn State and they perform better against those talented teams than Penn State.

Is what he’s doing incredible? That seems like a stretch

Come on now. Are you really going to compare Ole Miss as a program against Penn State?

1. Ole Miss can lose to Georgia and Alabama (two teams that everyone lose to) still go on to beat other ranked SEC teams. Penn State has a two-game schedule every year and loses to Ohio State and Michigan every year.

2. Ole Miss is still punching above their weight. They're playing a tougher conference then Penn State, they play more talented teams than Penn State and they perform better against those talented teams than Penn State.

Yes because beating a 14th ranked Kentucky is so much more impressive than beating a 15th ranked Wisconsin :lol:

Neither one of those schools play anyone other than the big 2 on their schedule. Y’all already starting with this “well beating Vandy is way better than beating northwestern because SEC!”

Is what he’s doing incredible? That seems like a stretch

Of course it’s incredible, he’s doing it in the SEC! Beating powerhouse Kentucky, South Carolina, and Miss State is 100x more impressive than beating powerhouses Wisconsin, Indiana, and Northwestern

Back
Top Bottom