OFFICIAL 2024-2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD *LYIN' SZN IS HERE*

Who will win the 2024-2025 College Football Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the Travis Hunter conversation and how "we've never seen anything like this", people seem to forget what Champ Bailey did at Georgia. He led Georgia in receiving with 750 yards, was an elite returner and was a first team All-American cornerback. Travis is a more prolific receiver (doing large part to the fact that Shadeur Sanders is a much better quarterback than Quincy Carter lol) but Champ was a better corner.

Interestingly enough the Heisman trophy winner that year was Ricky Williams, a 2000 yard rusher).
Charles Woodson’s Heisman year he returned a punt return for a TD, 2 rec TDs, and 7 INTs.

Myles Jack won PAC-12 offensive and defensive ROY.

Chris Gamble, Shaq Thompson, and Adoree Jackson were all very good two way players as well.

In what universe can a program that has never won anything be considered a blue blood?

And if they're such a big brand, as this writer claims, then why is the Big Ten paying them less than half of the TV money it gives to its other schools? They were hitchhikers begging to get picked up after the Pac-12 fell apart.
They’re getting half of what USC and UCLA are getting despite coming from the same conference and joining the same year. They could’ve gotten the same money with less travel had the PAC-12 stayed together. Arrogance and incompetence cost everyone, Stanford and Cal took less money to fly cross country every other week :smh:

In what universe can a program that has never won anything be considered a blue blood?

And if they're such a big brand, as this writer claims, then why is the Big Ten paying them less than half of the TV money it gives to its other schools? They were hitchhikers begging to get picked up after the Pac-12 fell apart.
Oregon literally has Nike doing all their marketing.

This is just an 8 figure PR operation doing it's job.

Don't know how sustainable the West Coast thing is, but that's two classes in a row Klein's locked onto a target out there early and landed them.

What you know about this guy?
Riley likes him a lot and identified him pretty early on. When Lewis was still 2026, people thought it was weird that Riley was refusing to meet with any of the 2025 kids but had offered 3 in 2026: Lewis, Casuga, and Lyons.

Lewis and Lyons have proven to be studs and I trust Riley's QB evals, so I wouldn't be surprised if Casuga proves to be one also. I will say, we haven't recruited him in months, even with the Juju effery so USC definitely cooled on him. But I think the fact Huard, Riley (and Kliff) keyed in on him early is encouraging for Klein's decision to focus on him.

Slightly off topic but there was a “big” uproar on Twitter about an interview with an OSU player being asked about the Oregon loss and him saying “it’s gods plan”. One media member retweeted it and said “what are we really doing here?”

Other examples were CJ Stroud being asked about a nice throw he made and him saying “god just took over and made that throw for me”, etc etc. Another tweet was saying “could you imagine missing a key block and telling Nick Saban it was gods plan?”

I don’t really see the problem with it but I guess the writer was saying it’s almost like you’re taking accountability away from yourself for the loss and saying god wanted it to happen.

Oregon isn't even close to a blue blood. They haven't won enough and basically all of their accomplishments as a program have happened in the past 25 years.

When I look at Blue blood programs I look at history but I weight recent success more heavily than past success. Nebraska could go another 20 years without accomplishing anything but they will always have a blue blood status because of what they did between the 1950s and early 2000s.

This also makes it increasingly difficult for teams to break in. I don't consider Georgia a blue blood yet.

Slightly off topic but there was a “big” uproar on Twitter about an interview with an OSU player being asked about the Oregon loss and him saying “it’s gods plan”. One media member retweeted it and said “what are we really doing here?”

Other examples were CJ Stroud being asked about a nice throw he made and him saying “god just took over and made that throw for me”, etc etc. Another tweet was saying “could you imagine missing a key block and telling Nick Saban it was gods plan?”

I don’t really see the problem with it but I guess the writer was saying it’s almost like you’re taking accountability away from yourself for the loss and saying god wanted it to happen.

Ohioans are so annoyingly silly with when they wanna be overly-religious or not. So they think the kid saying this is outrageous because it takes away agency, but Jim Jordan is allowed to cite to divine intervention whenever he wants?

They’re so close but still so far. To the extent that there is a God and he’s worried about a football game, we’re all ******.

:rofl:

On point :lol:

20241018_144623.jpg
20241018_144627.jpg
20241018_144635.jpg

A lot of us saw this coming and it's not surprising. You see this often with players who commit early. It's rare that recruits who commit 2+ years out stay solid the entire time. He could potentially come back into the fold but we'll see. Very talented kid who's going to get a lot of attention

A lot of us saw this coming and it's not surprising. You see this often with players who commit early. It's rare that recruits who commit 2+ years out stay solid the entire time. He could potentially come back into the fold but we'll see. Very talented kid who's going to get a lot of attention

Hearing SCar

Back
Top Bottom