Official 2024 Boxing Thread:Canelo vs Berlanga 9/14 DAZN PPV

kinda embarrassing to be honest being booed in your own hometown in Newark aka brick city aka my birthplace smh... shakur has to do more... when he fighting tank though

Shakur isn’t getting a big fight anytime soon, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sidelined for a bit when he finds out what his actual market value is.

generational talent?

More like flop, he’s gotta be stopping these guys and fighting 2-3 times a year.

Please send this guy back to Thursday nights

Reactions: OTG
Shakur isn’t getting a big fight anytime soon, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sidelined for a bit when he finds out what his actual market value is.

After tonight we probably don’t see him fight again until next year?

So another retirement announcement coming from Shakur? Fight last night was slightly better than the last but when you feel someone out first 3 rounds, kind of go for it in the next few and then just do enough to cruise at end it's not going to make the big names want to fight you.

Garcia is a crazy unstable weirdo. He needs help, but like I said before he's too stupid to get it himself or to have the type of people around him that would help him.

As for Shakur I'd really like him to go up against Loma, it'd be a great test to see where his skills really stand. He's 27, he should be close to or at his peak.

Pernell was always overshadowed by guys like Chavez, De la Hoya, Trinidad mainly because welterweight was the glamor division and the fact Whitaker moved up to 47 and lost to Oscar and Tito and had a controversial draw vs Chavez, it really kept his brand name from ascending at that time. To make matters worse he wasn’t a knockout puncher aka “exciting” but boy was his defense masterful in that ring.

Either way, Pernell imo won that fight vs Chavez so personally I give Sweet Pea the W

But had Pernell defeated at least one of Tito or Oscar, I think the media puts more spotlight on him for sure.

I remember his fights beating both Buddy McGirt and Wilfredo Rivera twice and in my mind those wins were enough to solidify his career at 47. I wish we could’ve got to see him fight Ike Quartey, who is most known for taking prime De La Hoya to hell and back.

But man Sweet Pea had one hell of a run at lightweight where he was technically dominant and superior over everybody in that division.

Gone way too early, he still had so much more to share with the sport of boxing. He shouldn’t have died the way he did.

Last edited:
Shakur so salty, Mase verse on started sumthing>>>>> than Shakur whole career

IMG_8362.jpeg

I can't even defend Shakur anymore after last night smh

There was a time I said I thought he was going to be the best out of all the young guys in that 130-140 class. I don’t think that anymore.

he wants to say he has floyds defense but he doesnt and will never have floyds offense

There was a time I said I thought he was going to be the best out of all the young guys in that 130-140 class. I don’t think that anymore.

he wants to say he has floyds defense but he doesnt and will never have floyds offense
He may be boring as hell to watch, but who’s gonna beat him?

yea shakur not at his real weight classes yet, let’s see him fight some names at 140-147

We all thought haney was the next big thing but lost to a 40 year old featherweight and got saved by the ref from a KO against a volatile one dimensional social media star lmfao

Safe to say shakur has been a let down for his own doings

Shakur is in a tough position

He is really good, so dudes don't want to fight him

And he doesn't sell, and got the rep of being boring, so there is no financial incentive to fight him

All things considered, it makes more sense to go get knocked out by Tank for way more money and exposure, than to chase Shakur around for 12 rounds.

Solid performance

My thing watching the fight live.....he was obviously outclassing Artem and on a completely different level

but just didnt have the killer instinct to get him outta there....

on top of that in between rounds 3 and 4 Shakur kept screaming "IM GONNA FINISH HIM, IM GONNA FINISH HIM"

never came.

So yeah, alot of bark and no bite.

He's an amazing technician though

so if this tank vs loma fight is official then that means tank prally going to get that ko on loma
If he doesn't get the KO I can see Loma tryin to pick him apart from the outside.

Frank was TOUCHING tank up.

Great fight for both guys, kudos to the match makers on this on if it gets made.

Big implications for both guys

Back
Top Bottom