Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Brunson and Haliburton wrestling

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3rd stringers over JB & Hart in this one. Obi was shooting well too.

Again, Evan didn’t log any minutes in the 4th. 🤔

That 18-0 run buried us. We hung with them most of the game and outplayed them from that point on but it was too big of a hole. Mitch needs to stay out of foul trouble which we say 82 times a season but the team was completely different with him on the court.

Missed FTs hurt too. Missed 10 I think they said. If we missed say 4-5 then the game is a 4-5 points and not 9-11

I called this L & we not winning 82 games. Bucks a better team.

as they should if this doesn’t turnaround quick

meanwhile, donovan mitchell tearing it up in cleveland

A28C70D8-CF40-472D-AF1D-290DB7D4BD74.jpeg

Cavs still wanted too many picks though

I called this L & we not winning 82 games. Bucks a better team.

A28C70D8-CF40-472D-AF1D-290DB7D4BD74.jpeg

Cavs still wanted too many picks though
It was never gonna happen anyways. We offered a package for mitch, RJ, and IQ with picks in the summer. Cavs wanted too many unprotected picks and trade swaps.

The consensus among a lot of the Knicks fans is that Brunson's lack of defensive ability is causing RJ to have to play harder on defense to make up for his deficiencies, therefore tiring him out. Not sure if I agree that's why RJ isn't consistently aggressive on offense but will keep an eye on it going forward.

The consensus among a lot of the Knicks fans is that Brunson's lack of defensive ability is causing RJ to have to play harder on defense to make up for his deficiencies, therefore tiring him out. Not sure if I agree that's why RJ isn't consistently aggressive on offense but will keep an eye on it going forward.

Starting Grimes at the 2 may be the answer.

Grimes and Fournier can both shoot…BUT

With Grimes, he’s a better defender and ball handler which will ease things for BOTH RJ and Brunson. And will help increase the pace .

Fournier can be second unit for an all offensive second unit.

BENCH: Hart - Obi - Fournier - Cam - IQ/ Rose

RJ's always been a slow starter.

His offensive game is lacking. No real go to moves in isolation, not a great shooter, finishes well at the rim with a running start. He'll catch fire eventually but if he's going to be truly dependable he has to be able to convert.

Starting Grimes at the 2 may be the answer.

Grimes and Fournier can both shoot…BUT

With Grimes, he’s a better defender and ball handler which will ease things for BOTH RJ and Brunson. And will help increase the pace .

Fournier can be second unit for an all offensive second unit.

BENCH: Hart - Obi - Fournier - Cam - IQ/ Rose

Thibs refusal to ever develop young guys on the court drives me nuts. He threw Deuce in the last game with 2 seconds left in the first half and that was all the time dude played the entire game.

Thibs refusal to ever develop young guys on the court drives me nuts. He threw Deuce in the last game with 2 seconds left in the first half and that was all the time dude played the entire game.
Thibs sucks bro.

His in game adjustments are horrible. He let the game get out of hand before even thinking about substitutions.

Deuce isnt going to get minutes over Rose and IQ. as for his subs, i cant tell if he's truly inept, or he has too much faith in the players on the floor to turn it around.

I N E P T

Latest example Cam ... instead of trying to develop him, he just rode the bench .. now Grimes is injured Cam balls out and puts him out there all the time. That's called chamce not skills. To be honest Cam is not even a good example but thats how thing are goinf and have gone in the past.

RJ can’t afford to be trash and let mitchell hoop all over him today

need him to break out of this slump already

Starting to not even care about RJ being home grown drafted talent. If he doesn’t improve this year especially with a legit PG I wouldn’t care if we traded him.

Felt more special with the Melo I’m coming home tribute after trading half our team, then year 4 of RJ. Probably would’ve forgot about RJ if he was included in a Donovan trade after the 1st game.

I feel like at times I’d rather keep Obi and Quick than RJ and see what we can get for RJ, Fournier and our stash of picks.

Very astute closing the door on a 22 year old.

Sure, lettuce give Frank 10 szns to get it together but RJ’s taking too long to adjust/grow.

Back
Top Bottom