Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Brunson and Haliburton wrestling

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Precious getting ready to ball for us? 🤔

He’s like such an anomaly. One play he does something wild with a fake handoff on top of the key where he spins crosses a defender and dunks on another dudes head. The next time he just loses the ball or makes a dumb pass. He’s a lot like Cam Reddish is, has the skill set, athleticism, and body build but I think he lacks the other focus or IQ.

Good kid. Still young and I think still has potential to improve. IMO he has too much hate. Far from a bust but he didn't take the next step in becoming consistent with high efficiency that he showed in that short time at the beginning of the year. Despite that 4 pt game he had that everyone loves to bring up to mock him, he's been doing pretty well in Toronto so far averaging 20/3/7 on 54% FG and 39% 3pt in January.

Good kid. Still young and I think still has potential to improve. IMO he has too much hate. Far from a bust but he didn't take the next step in becoming consistent with high efficiency that he showed in that short time at the beginning of the year. Despite that 4 pt game he had that everyone loves to bring up to mock him, he's been doing pretty well in Toronto so far averaging 20/3/7 on 54% FG and 39% 3pt in January.
I’ll add to that the battle of the bad fit having 3 score first lefties in your starting lineup w/ only 2 at their primes. He managed that pretty well too fwiw.

There’s no bigger market and greater, often deluded, expectations than playing in NY. Heaviest jersey in the league.

Leon at least has been doing these dudes solids setting them up for success in new roles. Obi unfortunately gotta deal w/ Siakam now.

Once again "Woj" is mentioning this mysterious FA available in the offseason. Knicks FO is def banking on the Sixers losing in round 1.

I’ll add to that the battle of the bad fit having 3 score first lefties in your starting lineup w/ only 2 at their primes. He managed that pretty well too fwiw.

There’s no bigger market and greater, often deluded, expectations than playing in NY. Heaviest jersey in the league.

Leon at least has been doing these dudes solids setting them up for success in new roles. Obi unfortunately gotta deal w/ Siakam now.
With two other ball dominant players that like to play in the paint with him, it just wasn't gonna work. Someone had to go. Hope he does well on the Raptors but not well enough to haunt us in the playoffs for years to come LOL.

Once again "Woj" is mentioning this mysterious FA available in the offseason. Knicks FO is def banking on the Sixers losing in round 1.

I know you really like Murray and think we have to go all in now for him.

But Woj is right here.

The plan is patience and flexibility. Don’t overact.

It could be someone else. That’s what I’ve been saying. This is whole different CBA now. Stars have no choice but to ask out. They can no longer get top money in the free agent market.

I know you really like Murray and think we have to go all in now for him.

Is it really all in though? It'll be Fournier, Grimes, and two heavily protected FRPs (might as well be four 2nds)

Its fun right now bc we're beating on the under .500 teams.

My main issue is ruining the spacing and chemistry with a trade for Murray.

I still dont think it happens.

As it stands now with this team, I don't trust Randle in the playoffs and we're a Jalen Brunson injury away from disaster in the playoffs.

Is it really all in though? It'll be Fournier, Grimes, and two heavily protected FRPs (might as well be four 2nds)

Its fun right now bc we're beating on the under .500 teams.

My main issue is ruining the spacing and chemistry with a trade for Murray.

I still dont think it happens.

I’m not giving you the two first round picks for Murray. I think it’s a waste for someone who doesn’t bring us over the edge.

We’re currently in a market where fringe All-Stars are getting 4 first round picks.

Imagine what an Embiid, Giannis, Luka would be?

It’d probably be like 8. And I don’t even know if that’s legal :lol:

Murray doesn’t move the needle for us at all. I get that we need need major help off the bench, but just bc he’s available doesn’t mean he’s a good fit.

The lakers are trying to get murray with dangelo russell the main guy in the deal but the hawks want an expiring... can we trade fournier and grimes or just leave grimes out and add a protected 1st round pick

Last edited:
As it stands now with this team, I don't trust Randle in the playoffs and we're a Jalen Brunson injury away from disaster in the playoffs.

TBH every team is an injury away from disaster.

But let’s say we’re fully healthy. How much better does Dejounte make us?

IMO it’s really that much. Not enough to warrant two FRPs in this day and age.

If this was 5 years ago, yea. Not now.

The problem is we're a Brunson injury away from being in the lottery.

Those 2 FRPs (DET and WSH?) are horrible

Murray & Clarkson price too hi. Burks, come on back my guy. They can use some trade exceptions they got for his salary easy.

Then this is the big 🎣 that completes the team.
Maybe get talks going end of szn when the Nets are stuck on the treadmill or going backwards even. 4 no. ones seems excessive. 3 and iirc NY owns a second from Bk so send that home.

In this case send that Det pick back home too as a kind gesture for all the help as of late.

They said the OG trade was impossible cuz of the lawsuit. That was lots of posturing on Dolan’s end but he’s who he is. It’s quite flattering they still like and take from the program here.

BK is another case but that Nova Mafia should try to flex its power and that’s a good deal they can work with getting some young talent to go w/ Cam & Claxton.

They’d sell off other vets for more assets as well. Got a good coach for development too.
Evan loves the city so if he’s guaranteed some play he’s real happy. Win-win again maybe.

just do the 3way deal to get russell from the lakers and the lakers get murray and the hawks get fournier and first round pick... can throw in grimes if we really have to...

on another note got tickets to the jazz game next week :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom