Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Dua Lipa sues Dolan

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RJ is the one going in any of these trades. That's clearly the spot that they're trying to upgrade

RJ is the one going in any of these trades. That's clearly the spot that they're trying to upgrade

I could be pretty easily sold on a straight Barrett for OG swap but I'm not a fan of giving RJ+ for him.

is IQ gonna start? you're cool with giving a backup 25mil per?

for a team that struggled offensively in the playoffs, you're going to trade your 2nd best player for an older player that can't score on his own.

ok.

if RJ didnt step up in the playoffs and Randle played well, then trading for OG makes sense. idc what guys do in the regular season if they cant do anything when it matters. as much as some of you dont like RJ, he stepped up when our all-nba and sixth man runner up did not.

oh no we have to extend the 24 year old who was the best defender on the team & sixth man of the year runner up
I would’nt be mad if we signed him to an extension I was just saying we couldn’t trade RJ and IQ.

RJ scored more than 20 6/10 games in the playoffs this year and was our second most consistent player. But sure. He’s marginally better.

RJ averaged 19 shooting 43 in the playoffs and the last playoffs OG was in he averaged 17 on 47. But sure RJ is a scorer and OG isn’t based of 2ppg.

Its more so that if the motive is to eventually trade RJ, I rather him be involved in a package for an actual all-star caliber player.

Its more so that if the motive is to eventually trade RJ, I rather him be involved in a package for an actual all-star caliber player.
Agreed. If it's not for an all star player then what's the point. Might as well continue to develop him. 19-20ppg behind two other ball dominant players is pretty decent. I wish Thibs would run more plays for RJ than just trying to let him cook via ISO. Also wish he would return to shooting well from the 3.

barrett.jpeg

^ this or an all defensive team player that shoots 39% from 3?

OG is 26 years old and has been the same player for the last 3 seasons.

Also, is defense really our main issue?

Fun fact: Quentin Grimes hit more 3pters this season than OG Anunoby and at the same %

Where was this in the playoffs? Thats my main fear with OG, I dont think he's that guy.
Don’t do this B, You were talking playoff performance earlier and Grimes was arguably our worst playoff performer. Shot 30/24

If we keeping it real, Based off of solely stats, OG is not that far of a drop off on offense from RJ. Everyone complained about RJs defense and getting tunnel vision on his Drives or fast breaks but would’nt take an all NBA defensive player who shoots better from 3 and overall and only averages 3 less points a game and more than makes up for those 3 points on the defensive end and offensive efficiency for RJ?

Again not saying I’d want an RJ for OG swap but now OG is now old and a far inferior player to RJ?!?

agreed. Randle had a all nba season right before the extension and hasn’t performed in the playoffs. IQ was the sixth man runner up and didn’t perform in the playoffs. If we extend him at 100mil and he again disappears in the playoffs, I’m gonna be sick. At this stage, I’d rather have a proven vet that can make shots and the right play when it matters.

agreed. Randle had an all nba season right before the extension and hasn’t performed in the playoffs. IQ was the sixth man runner up and didn’t perform in the playoffs. If we extend him at 100mil and he again disappears in the playoffs, I’m gonna be sick. At this stage, I’d rather have a proven vet that can make shots and the right play when it matters.
We pretty much knew Randle was going to struggle, but to have 2 players play worse than Randle that were big parts of our regular season and still had a chance to beat Miami says a lot.

Back
Top Bottom