Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Dua Lipa sues Dolan

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No reason to mess with chemistry for a lateral move. If you’re reading RJ it should be for a clear cut upgrade and star. It’s ridiculous to mess with chemistry otherwise.

RJ as a player messes with the chemistry :lol:. His offensive skillset is limited so he could only play in specific lineups.

I like him but if he didn't wear a Knicks jersey we wouldn't be going to bat for him like this.

I liked RJs improvement. He showed he’s one of the better younger players with the way he bounced back in the playoffs.

I’m willing to run it back and boost his value even more.

I think this year well know exactly what we have with RJ Grimes and IQ.

RJ had a few good playoff games, especially in the Cleveland series, but overall he was just fine. Wouldn't really call it a breakout performance or anything. 19/5/3 on 43/33/76.

Also, it's kind of too late to still be unsure of what kind of player he is considering he'll be making $107M over the next four years.

$25 million for a clear cut 20 point scorer who is only going to improve. Based on the deals I saw the last few days that is a steal. And other than last year he was a decent defender too who shot close to 40% from 3. I just don’t know what happened to his 3 last year once the season tip off occurred because he was good in the preseason. I have zero doubt that he’ll come with a better shot into this upcoming season as one thing he does is work on his game. His athleticism or lack there of is what limits him unfortunately.

He also played way better than our 2x all nba player.

OG is solid, but with all these disgruntled stars, I rather hold on to RJ for a bigger deal. For a star who is actually worth it.

OG isn’t even a star. Just a real solid 4th option. Im not sure he’s even better than a Wiggins.

RJs biggest problems is his lack of athleticism, looks stiff (no homo) and he has the work ethic from what we can see but I just don’t see that dog in him, that extra gear to take him to the next level.

RJ won't get THAT much better, but there is room for improvement there.

Offense is our main issue, OG doesn't move the needle offensively and he is who he is at this point.

RJ had a few good playoff games, especially in the Cleveland series, but overall he was just fine. Wouldn't really call it a breakout performance or anything. 19/5/3 on 43/33/76.

Also, it's kind of too late to still be unsure of what kind of player he is considering he'll be making $107M over the next four years.

It’s not that he had a breakout performance. It’s that many in here **** on him when he was our #2 when you’d think Randle and IQ should’ve been the ones to show out. We wouldn’t have made it out the first round without him.

RJ isn’t very dynamic but he does stick with it. Idk if I’d move him for OG but if the time comes and there’s a legit star offered I have no qualms including him in a deal.

RJ won't get THAT much better, but there is room for improvement there.

Offense is our main issue, OG doesn't move the needle offensively and he is who he is at this point.

All he needs to do is improve his 3 point shooting and his FTs to get into the 80% and he becomes so much more efficient and can easily become a 25 point scorer. If your 3rd best player does that that is $$$$. He just needs to improve his defense back to his first 3 years.

Also for those that said he doesn’t have the dog in him. In clutch time, other than Brunson I want RJ to take that shot. He doesn’t care, he has that in him. People forget the game winning shot at the buzzer over the Celtics or the coast to coast and 1 dunk to tie the game? People really have a short term memory and their hate or RJ is strong. Compared to the issues Ja has and Zion has with injuries we actually came out with the best player outside of Garland from that draft.

All he needs to do is improve his 3 point shooting and his FTs to get into the 80% and he becomes so much more efficient and can easily become a 25 point scorer. If your 3rd best player does that that is $$$$. He just needs to improve his defense back to his first 3 years.

Also for those that said he doesn’t have the dog in him. In clutch time, other than Brunson I want RJ to take that shot. He doesn’t care, he has that in him. People forget the game winning shot at the buzzer over the Celtics or the coast to coast and 1 dunk to tie the game? People really have a short term memory and their hate or RJ is strong. Compared to the issues Ja has and Zion has with injuries we actually came out with the best player outside of Garland from that draft.
Plenty of people that will take the last shot but that doesn’t mean they have the Dog in them. He don’t have that extra gear, you can literally see it in his eyes and the way he conducts himself. He’s too even keeled.

Plenty of people that will take the last shot but that doesn’t mean they have the Dog in them. He don’t have that extra gear, you can literally see it in his eyes and the way he conducts himself. He’s too even keeled.

Not showing emotion doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have it in you. Think Eli during those 2 SB runs. It’s more how you conduct yourself than how you show it outwardly.

I think if we were to swap RJ for OG, it be a wash. Not significantly better or worst.

IMO OG is over hyped. Nothing he does is better than RJ.

RJ offensively is better than OG.

Being that Toronto would try to rebuild, I doubt is an even swap, so draft picks probably in play which I think is not a good look.

Also, when is OGs contract up in comparison to RJs?

Lastly, RJ has endured NY and all its circus and media and hasn't caved in. We already know he is locked and committed. What if OG plays worst than RJ or gets criticizes as much, is he going to pack it in?

I think if we were to swap RJ for OG, it be a wash. Not significantly better or worst.

IMO OG is over hyped. Nothing he does is better than RJ.

RJ offensively is better than OG.

Being that Toronto would try to rebuild, I doubt is an even swap, so draft picks probably in play which I think is not a good look.

Also, when is OGs contract up in comparison to RJs?

Lastly, RJ has endured NY and all its circus and media and hasn't caved in. We already know he is locked and committed. What if OG plays worst than RJ or gets criticizes as much, is he going to pack it in?

OG is a FA while RJ is signed for 4 more years at about 26 million per.

I hope it was the Clips that declined this and not us.

Also a gem from the article

With Toppin’s departure and not landing a power forward in free agency like Watanabe, the Knicks currently plan to give Isaiah Roby an opportunity as the primary backup forward to Julius Randle, HoopsHype has learned. Josh Hart is also expected to get some minutes as a small-ball power forward.

Back
Top Bottom