Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Jalen Brunson signs extension

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why trade Deuce?

He got way better and proved he can play. Also is on a great contract.

We're in a position to sacrifice Deuce's 15-18 mpg for a position of actual need.

They seem high on this Kolek kid and Donte has to get 25-30 mpg. I think if Rokas shows out Deuce is expendable for a position of need.

20240711_134352.jpg

read somewhere that Jalen is considering signing his extension now in order to allow us to have the cap moving forward. could be complete bs though, as with everything we see on the internet. if so, mans needs his jersey in the rafters tomorrow.

read somewhere that Jalen is considering signing his extension now in order to allow us to have the cap moving forward. could be complete bs though, as with everything we see on the internet. if so, mans needs his jersey in the rafters tomorrow.

Athletic was saying the opposite - we will see

If he does sign - he has the chance to do what Beal did as a Wiz

Brunson is a certified legend if he signs that extension.

I see both sides... He could wait and try to get more money and no one could blame him. Or you can take the guaranteed money and not have to worry about injury costing you big time. And add to the fact that he's playing with all of his friends in a city that has embraced him on a team where he is The number one option and saying this is enough money.

idk why most stars feel like they HAVE to get a max contract. i get that you want to be paid as a top guy, but that hinders your team's ability to surround you with talent. obviously, if you're just in the league to collect a check and don't care about winning, then so be it. $156 mil, at lets say 40% net, is $62mil. that's generational wealth. we're not even factoring endorsement, any previous or future contracts, or any off the court investments/ventures. if i was offered that to play ball with my friends for the next 5 years, i wouldn't hesitate. or you could make $259 mil, break up your team/friends, and likely won't sniff a chip. not knocking Brunson in any way. just using his numbers as an example.

shocked hearing some people killing Brunson for not gettin the bag and giving the Knicks a "discount" :smh:

if he gets his full worth and handcuffs the team moneywise he's selfish :smh:

Back
Top Bottom