Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Jalen Brunson signs extension

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was coming to say, I love Deuce, but he just might be expendable with the way Kolek looks.

It IS summer league, but he just looks comfortable.

Yeah I think Kolek could give you a solid 5 to 10 minutes off the bench. He's not the defender Deuce is but his court vision is legit and he can shoot it well enough.

I think Dadiet has potential. Send him down to the G-League here and there for him to work on his skills while practicing with the main squad.

His patience and court vision are great. You can see it when a point guard has the awareness to wait a split second to let the play develop and find the opening.

7 assists/0 turnovers. Hope he keeps it going.

That’s fair, but Knox was also the 8th pick. There’s no pressure on Kolek. Anything we get from him is a bonus. We might not make a trade for a C yet, but if Kolek starts to get quality minutes, I think Deuce is first on the block.

Deuce played major minutes in the playoffs - that’s great experience, at the highest level on a $4m a year contract.

Let’s not take anything away from him at this point - he has proved to be a valuable member of the squad. Also only 6 months older than Kolek.

Just keep both. Depth is needed.

Resign Precious.

Go into the season, see how the first 20 or so games go, and if a big becomes available pull the trigger.

We need a backup quality C more than Deuce. Mitch and Sims might be the worst center rotation out of all the playoff teams.

Back
Top Bottom