Official '24 NYK off-season thread

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this coach and his pet pupil are stagnating the team
it's like watching a car crash at really slow motion.
you can see the damage being done nightly despite the occasional feel good win
Couldn’t have said it better myself. This seasons tough to watch

it's not an enjoyable season (for me)

winning streak, losing streak, short win streak, lose against more mediocre teams, feel good win, losing streak, poor home record, progress at molasses pace, players getting stunted and shunned, and so on

Since RJ seems lost with Brunson and Randle, and neither of those two are going to be traded, would you guys do RJ for OG straight up?

I’m still in shock this happened…

1675267842379.png

Since RJ seems lost with Brunson and Randle, and neither of those two are going to be traded, would you guys do RJ for OG straight up?

I feel like we’d be in the same spot. It would honestly be a lateral move, even if OG is a top tier perimeter player. Our issue is the inability to have consistent offensive flow and a deadeye shooter. Grimes shot isn’t falling so if we do move RJ it has to fill a real need and not just be one of Thibs guys. We’d get the same production from RJ and OG. Thibs would rather we hold teams under 100 points and **** it if we can score or not.

F2AAC755-7633-4126-AEEC-3C29090976C9.jpeg

First night in the Garden in quite a while with my pops. This Randle/Thibs combo makes me wanna leap from the rafters. Brunson is HIM. Idk how it came across on TV but it felt like a Lakers home game in there 😓

Same. Rather hold RJ and our 5 picks for when a legitimate all star is actually on the table.

Report just came out too that we're ready to offer 3 FRPs for OG.

RJ's only 22 so he can adjust if he's willing too.

Thibs isn't the best for young guys, that's very true but after some time you gotta take responsibility for yourself. His shooting over the past two months is improved so that's a start but he has to start making better decisions. I think he's capable.

make brunson the #1 option for the last clutch shot.. i trust him more than no handle randle. on that last 4th qtr play vs the lakers, randle should have passed the ball to the widely open brunson but thibs probably told him to shoot it or randle's pride got a hold of him. either ways, we def need a #1 option for offense.. mitchell would have been great but that's gone... dang danny ainge. idk if og is the answer but he would certainly be useful for defense in clutch moments.

I don't care what ya say ...

RJ has shown he has something, especially in close games. Whether he makes it or not, he is willing ...

Tom deciding to draw that **** play for a dude that had a horrible night, is prone to TOs and forces shot is a clear indication he has no offensive coaching talent. Please add the post game conference where he throws the responsibility to Julius on reading the D, MF needs to be fired already. FOH ....

RJ's only 22 so he can adjust if he's willing too.

Thibs isn't the best for young guys, that's very true but after some time you gotta take responsibility for yourself. His shooting over the past two months is improved so that's a start but he has to start making better decisions. I think he's capable.

The problem is that RJ is not meant to be the 3rd option. Randle and Brunson are ball dominant players that are not only hindering RJ’s growth, but Obi and others as well. Don’t get me wrong, Brunson has been great for us, but he’s a guy that needs the ball in his hands. What makes it worse is that our offense is literally just ISO, so guys don’t get open shots to get into a rhythm. Hell, we have Obi and Mitch and Thibs runs no plays for back door lobs.

I think RJ’s confidence is starting to take a hit and he’s definitely forcing a lot of these shots, bc he needs to produce. At the same time, would y’all be cool if our #3 pick making 30mil/season was only averaging 15ppg but at around 46-48%? It’s a lose lose.

Like I've been saying, can't take this team seriously until this coach is gone.

We've shown that we can beat any team in the league when we play our best.

It's mostly rotational issues, lack of second half adjustments and late game execution that has killed us so far.

All coaching issues.

Thibs is good up to a certain level then he plateaus, that what you're seeing with the wild inconsistency of this season's roster.

Back
Top Bottom