Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FqPg_eWWIAAjOp5

88CA23AD-09D3-442C-8D96-EEB1A5DCB961.gif

678A1441-FCAB-4BC8-8333-B403064454B0.gif

Where is this from?

Did Loopey go on a rant about Jalen Brunson not making the ASG?

Dude gotta be like 5’2 to be like this every day
Team is on a long win streak and the overwhelming majority of posts still wreak of battered wife syndrome.

I’ll be 5’2 if I threw a fit in here with every bad possession or night but I’m looking at a bigger picture.

And :lol: nick. nick. updating the thread again after checking me out in the NBA thread. This crowd here brotha prefers the gossip and drama over the playoff chase.

I think Quick has the highest +/- on the team. Doris Burke was just gushing over him a& the team :pimp:

Another interesting nugget is that the team is +10 w/ Mitch on the floor and .500 without.

For now, I don’t think I want to see any players leave. Kinda how I felt at the start of last szn but we all know how disastrous that squad was.
I know IQ & Obi have interest around the league. Unlikely, but I would prep a package for those 2 & picks for someone like Mikal or Jerami on a s&t in the summer.

Add either one & Knicks are poised for the ECF at least imo. Maybe even undo the mistake of trading Burks to make the team even more potent.

IQ has starter potential and I maintain Obi is an AS waiting to be properly utilized. Both won’t get those opportunities here in the next few years it’s looking like.
Obi needs way more minutes than he can get here.

Mikal, yes. Jerami, no. he hasn't been able to stay healthy the last few years and i think the team will feel the loss of IQ more with Jerami than with Mikal. either hypothetical trade will weaken our bench significantly. even though IQ may or may not be starting quality, he is a positive for us coming off the bench.

If we get to the 2nd round and RJ is still mid.

I'm using picks and RJ to make a play for an all star. He's the only guy I'm trading.

Wasn’t too aware on Grant’s availability concerns but I hear you.
My hesitation for dumping RJ is that he still isn’t in his natural position at SG. Better offensive Jimmy Butler, on a surgical level, is the projection.

Flashes of elite footwork, middys and long ball accuracy, be it inconsistent, are enough for me to see him through his full contract when he then enters his prime.

I loved how last game he adjusted to be more efficient [5/11, 2/2 from long distance] and was looking to feed the hot hand Grimes whenever possible.

Ultimately, I would get over an RJ trade if it’s part package for a superstar or at the very least a Mikal Bridges. Say Mikal can be had while keeping son and Grimes, QG goes immediately to the bench to help mitigate IQ’s loss. And J Hart I still onboard.

OG can stay in Tdot for all I care now.
Knicks also may wanna keep an eye out for KP who has a player option coming up iirc. He has expressed much regret on how he exited NYC. I’m sure every time he plays them, MSG or DC cuz Knicks fans got that stadium locked, he gets a little nostalgic.

Hometown discount or my guy can go get the most money elsewhere is the deal tho. I think he’s less injury prone now and still an elite rim protector.

He & Mitch don’t need to be seeing 30+ min a night so they can split that duty equally. Bench mob just gets even better still in this scenario 🤷‍♂️

Im good on KP unless we are trading Sims and Heart and he's coming off the bench.

I'm also good on Jeremiah, dude is looking to cash out. F that ...

I would love Mikal though ... I know dude would love to reunited with Brunson and it be tight AF to have 3 guys from a national championship team in the NBA succeeding... plus he can ball.

Wasn’t too aware on Grant’s availability concerns but I hear you.
My hesitation for dumping RJ is that he still isn’t in his natural position at SG. Better offensive Jimmy Butler, on a surgical level, is the projection.

Flashes of elite footwork, middys and long ball accuracy, be it inconsistent, are enough for me to see him through his full contract when he then enters his prime.

I loved how last game he adjusted to be more efficient [5/11, 2/2 from long distance] and was looking to feed the hot hand Grimes whenever possible.

Ultimately, I would get over an RJ trade if it’s part package for a superstar or at the very least a Mikal Bridges. Say Mikal can be had while keeping son and Grimes, QG goes immediately to the bench to help mitigate IQ’s loss. And J Hart I still onboard.

OG can stay in Tdot for all I care now.
Knicks also may wanna keep an eye out for KP who has a player option coming up iirc. He has expressed much regret on how he exited NYC. I’m sure every time he plays them, MSG or DC cuz Knicks fans got that stadium locked, he gets a little nostalgic.

Hometown discount or my guy can go get the most money elsewhere is the deal tho. I think he’s less injury prone now and still an elite rim protector.

He & Mitch don’t need to be seeing 30+ min a night so they can split that duty equally. Bench mob just gets even better still in this scenario 🤷‍♂️

You had me up until KP. I don’t see him or Mitch liking the idea of coming off of the bench. Despite the height, Randle and KP play similarly on offense where they can stretch the floor, excel in the mid range, but aren’t low post players. I don’t think that would work.

We got a chance at beating Heat ?

They currently suck but the teams we suppose to beat end up playing like MONstars.

KP imo just opens up the paint even more for those isos they love to run. They continuously look to put JB & Dubious in mismatches. KP just adds to those pick and switch options; teams def not about to leave him alone at the 3 for a wide open attempt. Defenses gotta stay honest with him.

KP also not coming off the bench for Mitch either. He’s on a 60M deal whereas KP still commands ~100 after his big contract from Dallas. The new TV money gonna make that a bag of peanuts all said and done.

Both he and Randle can operate on the block successfully; matchups permitting or via switches that they also like to do. More shooters and more defense. The story of the Knicks rise to relevance is so much better with a coming home aspect added 🤷‍♂️

It always gets me how Obi could shoot from whatever corner and brick it off the opposite side of the rim

Back
Top Bottom