Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surprisingly, we were defeated by another top-tier team. As we've consistently acknowledged, we're a good team—nothing extraordinary, just a hardworking and solid group. Realistically, we're likely headed for, at best, a second-round exit. I'm not upset about it; it was anticipated. On the positive side, when facing teams with similar or lower talent levels, we remain highly competitive and perform well most nights. Yay.

Surprisingly, we were defeated by another top-tier team. As we've consistently acknowledged, we're a good team—nothing extraordinary, just a hardworking and solid group. Realistically, we're likely headed for, at best, a second-round exit. I'm not upset about it; it was anticipated. On the positive side, when facing teams with similar or lower talent levels, we remain highly competitive and perform well most nights. Yay.
Agreed.

This is why stats don’t tell the whole story. We might be top tier in offensive rating, but we play iso ball. We beat the teams we should and lose to the best, bc you can’t play iso ball against them. This is why Thibs will hold us back offensively and 2nd round is our peak. Until he can scheme to get open 3s, easy cuts, or easy baskets in general, this is who we are as a team. The easy buckets we do get are due to the players ability, not Thibs.

He's right. Impossible to ask someone to stand in the corner, get two shots in no rhythm at all, and make them both. Confidence is completely gone right now.

Need to get him going somehow; whether it's making a lineup change or just involving him in more action. He's crucial to this team.

Agreed. He should get more plays that involve easy baskets. Cut to the rim, get some transition lay-ups. Strictly scoring off of threes isn't his game even though that's what's asked of him its not putting him in the position to contribute.

Like I said yesterday he should come off the bench and just get a chance to go against second units.

Color me surprised. So, Grimes, are you suggesting there are no offensive schemes to actively involve you and other players in the offensive plays? Well, well! Some vocal individuals here, who often boast about offensive stats and link them to the excellence of our offense, are pointing fingers your way.

The stark reality is hard to ignore. Despite the statistics people flaunt to showcase our offensive prowess, the truth is our offensive scheme relies heavily on isolation plays. When a couple of players have an off day, the lack of diversified schemes and player involvement becomes apparent. It's not to say we haven't witnessed good movements at times, but our mainstay is isolation ball. When facing top-tier teams, it becomes evident that we rely mostly on heart and grit.

Our high offensive rating has always been tied to winning on the offensive glass. More possessions = more points.

We're also in the top half of the league in three point attempts, three point makes, and getting to the line.

Despite the disrespectful comments directed at us (by an idiot savant), the reality is that Coach Thibodeau has been in the league since the '90s, recognized more for his defensive expertise than offense. No matter the stats presented, his coaching identity remains consistent. Recent remarks from Knicks players align with the norm rather than being exceptions.

While I acknowledge his loyalty to select players, there's a notable faction that can't or won't play under him. Initially skeptical of his hiring, I must admit he's transformed the team culture and instilled fundamental play. However, the paradox of his greatness being limited to a short period is evident. He's an excellent coach for a finite duration, after which a change becomes necessary.

I'm not advocating for an immediate coaching change. Let him finish the year, and then we can reassess the situation. Disrupting the current team chemistry with a drastic move now isn't advisable, though time is ticking. Despite the championship aspirations being a stretch, making the finals is a reasonable goal I'll like to attain.

i ignored dude months ago, but i can sense when he has more condescending **** to say whenever something negative is mentioned about Thibs and his crush McBride

Ahead of the appellate court’s latest ruling, Dolan’s saga with the SLA escalated when he called out SLA boss Sharif Kabir during a January interview on “Good Day New York.”

During the TV spot, Dolan held up an image of Kabir and warned he would send thirsty fans his way to complain.

Kabir should “stick to his knitting and to what he’s supposed to be doing and stop grandstanding and trying to get press,” said Dolan, who’s also bashed the SLA in an interview with The Post as a “gangster-like governmental organization.”

Shortly thereafter, Dolan enlisted a private eye to shadow SLA investigator Charles Stravalle who, as a retired police captain, noticed the tail and notified the NYPD.

Stravalle was reportedly followed for over 100 miles by a black Chevrolet — right up to his return home in Queens, where the Chevy driver remained camped out with a camera pointed toward Stravalle’s house.

MSG Entertainment acknowledged it had hired a PI to tail Stravalle, which it said was “a common and lawful practice,” according to court papers filed earlier this year.

Screenshot_20231207_091409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom