Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OG built like a 90s Knick.

I forgot who mentioned it, but someone said they havent seen a small guard score as easily as Brunson since Iverson. Pretty spot on.

1706299044553.jpeg

I don't care if the Nuggets were on the road for 10 days, but last night's win was awesome.

I believe RJ can be a good player/3rd option but OG has fit this team like a glove. The plus minus and record don't lie. We still need a bench scorer but I'm not in a rush to switch things up.

If the chemistry is this good, just focus on getting Brogdon to lead the bench.

Brogdon - McBride - Hart - Mitch (if he's back by then) should be fine

I think the trade happened because mitch went down... so it was like how is the defense going to be good... but props on the front office for getting OG

I believe the reason Brunson doesn't receive more recognition is due to his stature. He's smaller and has an average physique. Moreover, he relies more on his IQ, craftiness, and toughness than on athleticism. Although people observe his contributions, they don't credit him as they do with players like Dame, Mitch, Ja, and others. However, they should. He's no newcomer; he consistently delivered in Dallas, especially evident when Luka was absent. I'm certain if he had a flashy style like AI or a slimmer, more athletic build, people would take notice. These are undeniable facts.

Funny thing is Randle gets recognition for his contributions to the team over the past 4 seasons.

We undeniably have gotten better with Brunson though.

I don't generally like or agree with Perk's takes but I respect him carrying water for Brunson & the team.

Every national segment about the Knicks is about how they can't compete with Boston, what Brunson isn't, or Randle's bad playoffs. I think pretty much everyone knows how good JB is by now but do people realize he's scoring nearly 27 a night on 48/42 splits? Highlighting things like that matters when it comes to splitting a tie to start the All Star game.

Facts.

I believe the reason Brunson doesn't receive more recognition is due to his stature.
think tv coverage and social media reach has a lot more to do with it. tough to fight less than flattering soundclips that reverberate for days. or knicks win some good games and other teams get the highlights on espn. also on instagram, for instance lillard has over 10 million followers. brunson has over 300k

I think Brunson doesn’t appeal to young fans bc he’s not flashy. He’s not pulling up from the logo, not dunking, no exotic layup package, etc. He just gets buckets using finesse and IQ, which can be seen as boring, especially for an AS game.

Man I try not to jump on the SAS hate train but bro always got something to say out the side of his mouth. How dare he disrespect our glorious GOAT brunsHIM.

Got me hot man damn.

I think Brunson doesn’t appeal to young fans bc he’s not flashy. He’s not pulling up from the logo, not dunking, no exotic layup package, etc. He just gets buckets using finesse and IQ, which can be seen as boring, especially for an AS game.

1706386818908.jpeg

strong first. they're playing well, ball movement is excellent.
i'm a little concerned about fouling cause miami is a pretty shifty team

Back
Top Bottom