Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RJ is always going back and forth. That’s why I can never say he took a “leap”. I’ve seen this too much.

But he hasn’t been bad. As long as he’s content with knowing he’s the number 2 or 3 guy I think it’s okay.

This is way more troubling. But I’ll give Thibs credit here. He’s playing him less with each passing game instead of playing favorites.

RJ just hit a ruff patch & is still on his leap tour. The free throws & how he’s thinking the game are the proof I needed.

QG also young so I’m not alarmed as far as his long term success is concerned. His name has been mentioned on the trade circuit recently so that’s alarming.

I guess if it came down to he or Quick it depends on the player in return but ofc rite now keep & sign Quick if you can.

Idk cuz he looking for 25 per reportedly.

9865D84B-AF06-4D40-A465-9AC78DEA9871.jpeg
C843C687-0BDC-4888-9C7E-68B35ACFC9F3.jpeg

Out SF next year, just be patient guys

Last edited:
Fournier and grimes that’s it.
Move RJ to the 2 and Derozan at the 3

seems fair IMO. Bulls get an expiring and a young "asset" (bum), and we get the rental. if he plays well, maybe he gets resigned for a modest contract due to his age. win win IMO. having grimes out there is like playing 4 v 5.

i think Derozan being more skilled will create better ball movement and spacing. opposing teams know Grimes is just going to be camped out and doesnt even hit the 3 at a high rate. you'll have 4 capable scorers to defend and Mitch to grab any OR.

the caveat is if they can play well TOGETHER

i'm just all for either benching Grimes or trading him entirely. dude literally gives us nothing. its not even an opinion, its a fact.

we already have rj, randle and brunson who handle the ball a lot especially the latter 2... then you mix in iq from the bench... just dont see how demar would work here...

we already have rj, randle and brunson who handle the ball a lot especially the latter 2... then you mix in iq from the bench... just dont see how demar would work here...
That’s what the coach is for, how does Boston make Tatum and Brown work, how does the Mavs make Luka and Kyrie work, how did the Dubs make Klay, Steph and KD work, how did Miami make, Lebron, Wade and Bosh work, how did Cleveland make Lebron, Kyrie and Love work. They are professional players that sacrifice parts of their game to try and win a championship.

Offensive work arounds are not Thibs strong suit at all, he barely has a functioning offense as is.

Back
Top Bottom