Official (3) Dallas Mavericks VS (6) Portland Trailblazers Playoff Thread: Mavs win in 6.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Brandon Roy 'hurt' by not playing
roll.gif

Not sure how to embed the article but this is just pathetic.  I don't feel sorry for the dude one bit with this attitude.  It is all about him and he just wants a pity party
30t6p3b.gif
  I am tired of hearing about how it is a sad story, sure it was when it first broke but this is just beyond pathetic now.  The dude can't play, time to move on
I'm no fan of the Blazers or Roy, but this isn't what you want swirling around when you're down 0-2 in the playoffs. You can laugh all you want, but it's not good for the team, just having this out in the media. Also, way to kick a guy when he's down. He's the reason Portland's been relevant for the last five years, and now you just laugh at him. Pathetic.

roll.gif

Not sure how to embed the article but this is just pathetic.  I don't feel sorry for the dude one bit with this attitude.  It is all about him and he just wants a pity party
30t6p3b.gif
  I am tired of hearing about how it is a sad story, sure it was when it first broke but this is just beyond pathetic now.  The dude can't play, time to move on
I'm no fan of the Blazers or Roy, but this isn't what you want swirling around when you're down 0-2 in the playoffs. You can laugh all you want, but it's not good for the team, just having this out in the media. Also, way to kick a guy when he's down. He's the reason Portland's been relevant for the last five years, and now you just laugh at him. Pathetic.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
disgusting.

indifferent.gif

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
disgusting.

indifferent.gif

This is a "what have you done for me lately," league.

What's relevant right now is LMA and not Brandon Roy, so it doesn't really surprise me.

This is a "what have you done for me lately," league.

What's relevant right now is LMA and not Brandon Roy, so it doesn't really surprise me.

roy shoulda played in the fourth. no excuse. i dont care if he has one arm and is blind. roy out on the court>no roy out there. no roy = lose by more than 10 points

roy shoulda played in the fourth. no excuse. i dont care if he has one arm and is blind. roy out on the court>no roy out there. no roy = lose by more than 10 points

Roy was on the court in the 4th in game one though. Unless I was mistaken.

Pretty sure dude wasted about 3 possessions late in game 1.

Roy was on the court in the 4th in game one though. Unless I was mistaken.

Pretty sure dude wasted about 3 possessions late in game 1.

as much as i hate to say it, Roy is DONE. I liked watching him play, but right now he is playing at 50% of his normal speed. He has nothing left in his legs and he needs to shut the hell up, stop being selfish and let the coach decide whats best for the team, especially now that its the playoffs. Its awefully selfish, and uncharacteristic of Roy to act this way but even he needs to realize that he is not helping this team in not a single category.

as much as i hate to say it, Roy is DONE. I liked watching him play, but right now he is playing at 50% of his normal speed. He has nothing left in his legs and he needs to shut the hell up, stop being selfish and let the coach decide whats best for the team, especially now that its the playoffs. Its awefully selfish, and uncharacteristic of Roy to act this way but even he needs to realize that he is not helping this team in not a single category.

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
First off I agree it isn't something you want around the team right now, which brings me to my opinion that he shouldn't be around the team at all the rest of the year.  Him calling out Rudy and Patty like he is way better at this point is pathetic.  He is more detrimental to this team at this point and I don't even think he should be on the bench.  As for saying he is the reason Portland has been relevant, sure he brought the team there but we don't owe him anything.  He is still collecting a check.  Just because he was who he was doesn't mean he is entitled to anything.  That is like saying 'B.Roy, you used to be good so we are going to give you 25 min a night even though you suck, but you did so much we feel we owe it to you'.  Get out of here with that mess, the NBA is a now business, and right now Roy isn't doing anything to help this team, if anything his comments are going to cause problems in the locker room.

I really don't see how you dudes on here say he should be on the floor in the 4th and he can be a decoy and whatever other pipe dreams you make think of him, plain and simple he can't play.  I hope to everything that is right that there is an amnesty clause in the new collective bargaining so we can dump this dude and get rid of his ridiculous contract.  The dude is a cancer and can't let go of the player he once was, it's time for the franchise to separate themselves from him and move on with the core group of guys we have now.

roll.gif

30t6p3b.gif
First off I agree it isn't something you want around the team right now, which brings me to my opinion that he shouldn't be around the team at all the rest of the year.  Him calling out Rudy and Patty like he is way better at this point is pathetic.  He is more detrimental to this team at this point and I don't even think he should be on the bench.  As for saying he is the reason Portland has been relevant, sure he brought the team there but we don't owe him anything.  He is still collecting a check.  Just because he was who he was doesn't mean he is entitled to anything.  That is like saying 'B.Roy, you used to be good so we are going to give you 25 min a night even though you suck, but you did so much we feel we owe it to you'.  Get out of here with that mess, the NBA is a now business, and right now Roy isn't doing anything to help this team, if anything his comments are going to cause problems in the locker room.

I really don't see how you dudes on here say he should be on the floor in the 4th and he can be a decoy and whatever other pipe dreams you make think of him, plain and simple he can't play.  I hope to everything that is right that there is an amnesty clause in the new collective bargaining so we can dump this dude and get rid of his ridiculous contract.  The dude is a cancer and can't let go of the player he once was, it's time for the franchise to separate themselves from him and move on with the core group of guys we have now.

At this point, i'm glad the Blazers are handcuffed to that insane contract. They'll be nothing thanks to that dumb commitment. The red flags were there before the re-sign, and I don't feel sorry for any Blazer fans at this point. Anyone who didn't sign him was gonna get run out of town, so they did....and now you suffer the consequences. Nothing in the new CB is going to save your team, unless you steal Phoenix's training staff.

At this point, i'm glad the Blazers are handcuffed to that insane contract. They'll be nothing thanks to that dumb commitment. The red flags were there before the re-sign, and I don't feel sorry for any Blazer fans at this point. Anyone who didn't sign him was gonna get run out of town, so they did....and now you suffer the consequences. Nothing in the new CB is going to save your team, unless you steal Phoenix's training staff.

Its disappointing to hear this from Roy but son hasn't said anything positive at all since his decline. I agree with airblaster, he's a cancer to the team and we owe nothing to the guy. He's a baby that expects to be fed everytime he cries. I hope he can recover to the fullest but dogging his teammates and whining made me lose respect towards him.Its even worse living in a city with delusional fans that still love and worship him to death. I just hope he can shut up and improve his game before he breaks up the team. Being down 0-2 and now this...its really not looking good for Portland SMH.

Back
Top Bottom