Official (3) Dallas Mavericks VS (6) Portland Trailblazers Playoff Thread: Mavs win in 6.

Like I said, Brandon was gonna come out at home and get into a comfortable rhythm 
pimp.gif
Happy to see Matthews go off too, lord knows we needed him to step up for us tonight. And Chris Johnson! 
eek.gif
Who would have expected him to contribute in the short time he played. Great job by the rookie.

Onto Game 4 we go.

gif of the whole Jason Kidd play? It looked like he shuffled his feet to me anyway, but I'm not positive.

Regardless it was def a 3
laugh.gif

gif of the whole Jason Kidd play? It looked like he shuffled his feet to me anyway, but I'm not positive.

Regardless it was def a 3
laugh.gif

3 or no 3 Dre still made the shots. Don't even bring up refs, game 1 was heavily favored to the Mavs.Jason Terry came to play...could be trouble!

3 or no 3 Dre still made the shots. Don't even bring up refs, game 1 was heavily favored to the Mavs.Jason Terry came to play...could be trouble!

i live in dfw (arlington) and its so annoying that mavs fans blame everything on the refs. yes they are bad calls in every game. refs aren't perfect.

the review was definitely missed. but it didnt matter (thankfully) because the two fts were made by portland.

that is all.
(go lakers lol )

i live in dfw (arlington) and its so annoying that mavs fans blame everything on the refs. yes they are bad calls in every game. refs aren't perfect.

the review was definitely missed. but it didnt matter (thankfully) because the two fts were made by portland.

that is all.
(go lakers lol )

why are all the brandon roy haters so quiet now?

but yea how the hell do you blow that 3 point call? how do tnt cameramen have better views and angles of the play in question? on all angles it looked like a 3. the top being the worst view.

thats the nba for you. the blown goal tending call and now this.

but yea how the hell do you blow that 3 point call? how do tnt cameramen have better views and angles of the play in question? on all angles it looked like a 3. the top being the worst view.

thats the nba for you. the blown goal tending call and now this.

Just an observation from tonight (not a fan of either team):

Tyson Chandler fouled out playing only 15 minutes. I did some quick research: he averaged 28 minutes per game this season and fouled out only three times...just doesn't make sense for him to go out like that in a playoff game. And there was still 7:30 to go in the game. Refs got him out quick-like.

Just an observation from tonight (not a fan of either team):

Tyson Chandler fouled out playing only 15 minutes. I did some quick research: he averaged 28 minutes per game this season and fouled out only three times...just doesn't make sense for him to go out like that in a playoff game. And there was still 7:30 to go in the game. Refs got him out quick-like.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

I had to work tonight and have yet to watch the game
30t6p3b.gif
 I know he had 16 pts though.  My stance doesn't really change, if he does it on a consistent basis the rest of the playoffs then maybe then I will reconsider.  On my way home tonight I was listening to the post game shows and people here in Portland want to start him next game already
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 Dude had one decent game, and the guy who took his spot went off for 22 in the first half.  Nate should just put him in for a few min in the 1st and heat check him to see if he can get something going, if not then don't play him, if he can do something then great give him some more burn.  Will weigh in more when I watch the game tomorrow.

30t6p3b.gif
 I know he had 16 pts though.  My stance doesn't really change, if he does it on a consistent basis the rest of the playoffs then maybe then I will reconsider.  On my way home tonight I was listening to the post game shows and people here in Portland want to start him next game already
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 Dude had one decent game, and the guy who took his spot went off for 22 in the first half.  Nate should just put him in for a few min in the 1st and heat check him to see if he can get something going, if not then don't play him, if he can do something then great give him some more burn.  Will weigh in more when I watch the game tomorrow.

It wouldn't have mattered. We would have been down two, instead of three, sure.

But Andre Miller still hit both FTs.

We lost the game because we couldn't hit FT's and we turned the ball over too much.

Same rebounds, bout same assists, but really the big thing in the game was our turnovers (nearly twice as many), and FT's missed. We outshot them. We played pretty good on offense, but we just couldn't take care of the ball and knock down our free throws late, and that was the game.

Yeah, there were ticky-tack fouls on Chandler, but it's whatever, we still had our chance to win through FTs, but we missed em, and we turned the ball over.

Shame that such good individual performances had to go to waste.

Boy Peja was ice cold in the second half, couldn't hit a goddang thing.

Didn't have time to post today, was my girls birthday today.

Saturday oughta be fun though. That's either the end of the series, or just the beginning.

We'll see, it's been fun though.

Absolutely idiotic why JET didn't get more shots though. The guy was redhot the ENTIRE game, and yet he only got 13 shots. You gotta get more shots for a guy that shot 10/13.

It wouldn't have mattered. We would have been down two, instead of three, sure.

But Andre Miller still hit both FTs.

We lost the game because we couldn't hit FT's and we turned the ball over too much.

Same rebounds, bout same assists, but really the big thing in the game was our turnovers (nearly twice as many), and FT's missed. We outshot them. We played pretty good on offense, but we just couldn't take care of the ball and knock down our free throws late, and that was the game.

Yeah, there were ticky-tack fouls on Chandler, but it's whatever, we still had our chance to win through FTs, but we missed em, and we turned the ball over.

Shame that such good individual performances had to go to waste.

Boy Peja was ice cold in the second half, couldn't hit a goddang thing.

Didn't have time to post today, was my girls birthday today.

Saturday oughta be fun though. That's either the end of the series, or just the beginning.

We'll see, it's been fun though.

Absolutely idiotic why JET didn't get more shots though. The guy was redhot the ENTIRE game, and yet he only got 13 shots. You gotta get more shots for a guy that shot 10/13.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I'll buy your argument as long as Matthews continues to hit four threes in the first quarter of every game. Not saying Roy should play more, but to tout his backup as the second coming based on an outlier game is as bad as anyone demanding Roy should start.

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I'll buy your argument as long as Matthews continues to hit four threes in the first quarter of every game. Not saying Roy should play more, but to tout his backup as the second coming based on an outlier game is as bad as anyone demanding Roy should start.

I said from the beginning if Portland wanted a chance to win this series, Wes would have to play more.

He did tonight, and they won.

I said from the beginning if Portland wanted a chance to win this series, Wes would have to play more.

He did tonight, and they won.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The playoffs isn't the time to mess with the line up.  If they were thinking about it they should have tried it in the regular season. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The playoffs isn't the time to mess with the line up.  If they were thinking about it they should have tried it in the regular season. 

It was a bad miss...

The Mavs either gotta stop calling pick and rolls with him or get Kidd/Terry to calm the hell down and tell them to wait on him... He racks up so many gosh damn fouls on that crap... There were a couple of ticky tack foul calls, but he had a couple of stupid fouls too...

Either way, the Mavs went up there and turned it over 100 times and shot like hell from the free throw line and were in that game the whole way... Had opportunities and even got to a tie and held a lead a couple of times, just never could push over the top and keep it rolling. Go get it tomorrow afternoon.

It was a bad miss...

The Mavs either gotta stop calling pick and rolls with him or get Kidd/Terry to calm the hell down and tell them to wait on him... He racks up so many gosh damn fouls on that crap... There were a couple of ticky tack foul calls, but he had a couple of stupid fouls too...

Either way, the Mavs went up there and turned it over 100 times and shot like hell from the free throw line and were in that game the whole way... Had opportunities and even got to a tie and held a lead a couple of times, just never could push over the top and keep it rolling. Go get it tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom