Official (3) Dallas Mavericks VS (6) Portland Trailblazers Playoff Thread: Mavs win in 6.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

mronegative that's what home cooking looks like. i was shocked portland got the ball. knicks would never get the call reversed

happy for roy. i thought kidd was gonna make it
Right.

Because it's bad business in the NBA for its premier market team to succeed. The Knicks never get the calls right?

What delusional world do you live in where you think "everyone's out to get us............. we're the Knicks!"?

Or are you still hungover from drinking away last night's loss?

mronegative that's what home cooking looks like. i was shocked portland got the ball. knicks would never get the call reversed

Right.

Because it's bad business in the NBA for its premier market team to succeed. The Knicks never get the calls right?

What delusional world do you live in where you think "everyone's out to get us............. we're the Knicks!"?

Can someone give cliffnotes summary of the 4th quarter and what went down? I can't watch highlights right now I am very far from a television set or a computer. 
frown.gif

Can someone give cliffnotes summary of the 4th quarter and what went down? I can't watch highlights right now I am very far from a television set or a computer. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Right.

i've seen that same play multiple times this year. not only did we not get the ball, they wouldn't even go to replay. it's blatant. knicks do not get 50/50 calls at home.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Right.

i've seen that same play multiple times this year. not only did we not get the ball, they wouldn't even go to replay. it's blatant. knicks do not get 50/50 calls at home.

I said a month ago that the Mavs needed to be blown up and my stance hasn't changed. It's not about mental toughness or being mentally soft. The Mavs have changed players, they've brought in "tough" guys like Caron, Haywood, Kidd, Chandler, etc. The reason they're considered soft is because of their playing style. They're a team built on jumpshooting and inconsistent defense. When you slow the game down and make them take tough shots, they usually don't make those shots and it affects their play on defense too. They get rattled when their shots don't go in and they forget how to play defense. No slashers, no low-post scorers, it's always a Dirk high post ISO and hope he can take it 1 on 1 and shoot his fadeaway or hope that they double and he can kick it out to the open shooter. If you watch the 4th quarter, that's pretty much all the Mavs did on offense and it just doesn't work in the playoffs.

Also to mention that they don't have their own perimeter player that can create their own shot. Jason Terry sucks. Any team that has to rely on JJ Barea to the extent the Mavs do is setting themselves up for failure.

I said a month ago that the Mavs needed to be blown up and my stance hasn't changed. It's not about mental toughness or being mentally soft. The Mavs have changed players, they've brought in "tough" guys like Caron, Haywood, Kidd, Chandler, etc. The reason they're considered soft is because of their playing style. They're a team built on jumpshooting and inconsistent defense. When you slow the game down and make them take tough shots, they usually don't make those shots and it affects their play on defense too. They get rattled when their shots don't go in and they forget how to play defense. No slashers, no low-post scorers, it's always a Dirk high post ISO and hope he can take it 1 on 1 and shoot his fadeaway or hope that they double and he can kick it out to the open shooter. If you watch the 4th quarter, that's pretty much all the Mavs did on offense and it just doesn't work in the playoffs.

Also to mention that they don't have their own perimeter player that can create their own shot. Jason Terry sucks. Any team that has to rely on JJ Barea to the extent the Mavs do is setting themselves up for failure.

Back
Top Bottom