Official (3) Dallas Mavericks VS (6) Portland Trailblazers Playoff Thread: Mavs win in 6.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Real talk nothing I saw tonight impressed me from the Blazers.

Like they just ain't that good.

We still lose in 6 though.

Edit-LA is damn problem but that's it.
laugh.gif

Big Wood is very inefficient against LA. Tyson did a great job on defense tonight when he could.

What we need to stop them is play Marion more. It's so much better to have Marion out there playing to give us some more size. We need his size. When Marion got into the game in the fourth we turned things around, especially on defense. Peja was terrible. They're too young and athletic for Peja to be efficient this series. We need to win using out size and try to maximize our athleticism.

the twitter hate for the Mavs is unreal.

Tyson Chandler's rebound with 1 minute left when Kidd with that huge 3, was the finisher.

I'll reiterate it again, Chadler is great he changes the whole dynamic of this team.

And Dirk...what needs to be said...amazing

I was impressed with Dallas tonight. And I picked against them in the series. See how game 2 goes.

I was impressed with Dallas tonight. And I picked against them in the series. See how game 2 goes.

I think Wes Matthews has to play a bigger role in this series. 20 minutes ain't enough for Wes. Dude averaged like 15 points against us this year, and this game he only put up 3 shots?

And 19-2 is overblown. How many times they foul late because they were down? 4?

Okay so 15-2.

Dirk drives to the paint in just about each of his FTs. You draw contact, you call the whistle. Yeah, the Blazers had TONS of points in the paint. A lot of them were completely uncontested. You can't call fouls on uncontested lay-ups/dunks.

2/16 kills you from deep too. Dallas was 10/19.

Peja's minutes need to be limited this series. He won't be that good. There's not a single guy that's slow enough for him to try and stay in front of. They just back him down and put up an easy shot around the rim. Against other teams like San Antonio, sure. Not athletic teams.

I'd like to see Brewer or Mahinmi get some minutes next game. We're going to need to have length and athleticism to win this series, not shooting.

I think Wes Matthews has to play a bigger role in this series. 20 minutes ain't enough for Wes. Dude averaged like 15 points against us this year, and this game he only put up 3 shots?

And 19-2 is overblown. How many times they foul late because they were down? 4?

Okay so 15-2.

Dirk drives to the paint in just about each of his FTs. You draw contact, you call the whistle. Yeah, the Blazers had TONS of points in the paint. A lot of them were completely uncontested. You can't call fouls on uncontested lay-ups/dunks.

2/16 kills you from deep too. Dallas was 10/19.

Peja's minutes need to be limited this series. He won't be that good. There's not a single guy that's slow enough for him to try and stay in front of. They just back him down and put up an easy shot around the rim. Against other teams like San Antonio, sure. Not athletic teams.

I'd like to see Brewer or Mahinmi get some minutes next game. We're going to need to have length and athleticism to win this series, not shooting.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

B.Roy is my guy

but a couple critical plays down the stretch and the ball probably shouldnt have been in his hands
ohwell.gif

This is the truth right here.  Why was Roy shooting the technical???????? And dude should NOT be on the court in crunch time, he isn't dependable and tries to run iso on his busted +$+ knees.  He needs to shoot 1000 jumpers a day in the off season to become a spot up shooter cause that is the only thing he will ever be good at anymore.  Also the officiating was terrible.  Dirk was getting every call while Aldridge and Wallace were getting hacked and weren't getting any calls.  I hate the NBA, every year it is the same damn garbage with the officiating in the playoffs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

B.Roy is my guy

but a couple critical plays down the stretch and the ball probably shouldnt have been in his hands
ohwell.gif

This is the truth right here.  Why was Roy shooting the technical???????? And dude should NOT be on the court in crunch time, he isn't dependable and tries to run iso on his busted +$+ knees.  He needs to shoot 1000 jumpers a day in the off season to become a spot up shooter cause that is the only thing he will ever be good at anymore.  Also the officiating was terrible.  Dirk was getting every call while Aldridge and Wallace were getting hacked and weren't getting any calls.  I hate the NBA, every year it is the same damn garbage with the officiating in the playoffs
30t6p3b.gif

Mavs played good, but I am still worried. Cant count on 20 points from Jason Kidd every game. Still need someone else to step up. You want to talk about invisible, that would be Jason Terry every time the playoffs role around.

Mavs played good, but I am still worried. Cant count on 20 points from Jason Kidd every game. Still need someone else to step up. You want to talk about invisible, that would be Jason Terry every time the playoffs role around.

i would like patty mills to play in a game these playoffs. we need more speed. It's really sad to see roy out there just standing at the top of the key. 26 minutes of calling for the ball and going 1-7 from the field. If he can't perform, then don't play him. I know his play in the past has earned him the right to be out there but damn, u gotta contribute something

i would like patty mills to play in a game these playoffs. we need more speed. It's really sad to see roy out there just standing at the top of the key. 26 minutes of calling for the ball and going 1-7 from the field. If he can't perform, then don't play him. I know his play in the past has earned him the right to be out there but damn, u gotta contribute something

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Agreed, plus Roy is a liability on defense as well.  Patty brings in energy and he can guard both Berea and Kidd, plus he can shoot.  The team needs more of a jolt from the bench, not Roy holding the ball at the top of the key or not moving without it.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Agreed, plus Roy is a liability on defense as well.  Patty brings in energy and he can guard both Berea and Kidd, plus he can shoot.  The team needs more of a jolt from the bench, not Roy holding the ball at the top of the key or not moving without it.

i don't understand why everyone was complaining about dirk getting calls in the fourth, i think he earned the majority of them besides a call or two. dirk didn't get ANY calls the first three quarters & i felt that lamarcus fouled him on several jumpshots.. shrug.

30t6p3b.gif
at peja.. dude was missing wide open looks the majority of the game & he is a huge liability on defense. i hope that we give his minutes to corey brewer, he looked promising the last couple of games in the season.

are we getting roddy back next game? i feel like we could use his scoring, considering we had to rely on kidd's offense to keep us in the game.

i definitely think we should stick to playing zone as well.. so many mismatches on defense to play man.

i'll definitely be catching the game at the bar on tuesday.

let's go mavs!

i don't understand why everyone was complaining about dirk getting calls in the fourth, i think he earned the majority of them besides a call or two. dirk didn't get ANY calls the first three quarters & i felt that lamarcus fouled him on several jumpshots.. shrug.

30t6p3b.gif
at peja.. dude was missing wide open looks the majority of the game & he is a huge liability on defense. i hope that we give his minutes to corey brewer, he looked promising the last couple of games in the season.

are we getting roddy back next game? i feel like we could use his scoring, considering we had to rely on kidd's offense to keep us in the game.

i definitely think we should stick to playing zone as well.. so many mismatches on defense to play man.

let's go mavs!

Originally Posted by ireminisce

30t6p3b.gif

let's go mavs!
i don't know if roddy will get too many minutes. he's looked clueless in the last month or so, not to mention hes been a turnover machine.

Originally Posted by ireminisce

30t6p3b.gif

let's go mavs!
i don't know if roddy will get too many minutes. he's looked clueless in the last month or so, not to mention hes been a turnover machine.

Dirk deserved half the whistles he got. Lets not forget Batum's open run to the basket was waved off due to a 'foul' on Chandler against LaMarcus. Or that Jet went to the line without being touched. Or that Crash got pushed to the ground by Dirk, got up, and then 'fouled' him. And that's just the refs mistakes I remember. They ruined our rhythm every possible time. And yes, that phantom tech on Marion was also inexcusable, but it's not like we capitalized off that. No matter what anyone says, a 19-2 FT disparity is complete bull *%!#, even 15-2.

The refs blew the Mavs d last night, plain and simple. Like I said, I'm not mad at the fact that we lost (I'm used to that *%!#), I'm mad that the refs felt they had to step in for y'all when crunch time got heated.

Whatever. Only the 1st game, 6 more to go. Hope the officiating gets better, though I'm not counting on it.

Back
Top Bottom